• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dead on side of road - bad trailer hub I85 GA/AL border HELP?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How the hell did you get that combo on that trailer like that? Have a special "LEAP" mode in that tundra?

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Like this! Oh, and $600!
IMG_7229[1].jpg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Like this! Oh, and $600!
View attachment 83222
I had no idea those trailer "bent" that way.

Did you call for a "heavy wrecker" type tow? Did you just call a towing coming and say "HELP".....how does one know to order such a contraption if they needed one?

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It was 8 or 9 years ago, so the details are not fresh. I called 3 or 4 places and got a name and recommendation for the guys you see in the photos. This was a crappy day; I was bringing the boat to be consigned and ended up taking a 2-3 grand loss. Fun while we had it though!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was 8 or 9 years ago, so the details are not fresh. I called 3 or 4 places and got a name and recommendation for the guys you see in the photos. This was a crappy day; I was bringing the boat to be consigned and ended up taking a 2-3 grand loss. Fun while we had it though!
OOOOFF, that is a rough day.

Any word from the OP here? Did he get the trailer fixed? Is he on the road and out of Hhurricanes way at this point?

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
View attachment 83202 Thanks for all the help. My situation now is I got the boat in a slip at southern harbor marina —trailer made it the eight miles. Guy at another marina gave me a POC at Tech Tire in La Grange that will be able to fix it. Right now the tire and hub assy is somewhere on the side of the interstate near the KIA plant so I’m going to look for it. I’ll have the shop replace both hubs on the front axle.

Helluva a day but thank god this happened near a lake. GEICO wasn’t able to tow it since the tower was too high.
Glad you made it!

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
OOOOFF, that is a rough day.

Any word from the OP here? Did he get the trailer fixed? Is he on the road and out of Hhurricanes way at this point?
Trailer is in the shop and am looking for a replacement hub at this point. The through bolts for my trailer jack punctured my spare when the trailer shifted after loosing the hub WTF! Guy I have the trailer with says the axle is fine so as soon as they or me find the parts I’ll be on the road again.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Trailer is in the shop and am looking for a replacement hub at this point. The through bolts for my trailer jack punctured my spare when the trailer shifted after loosing the hub WTF! Guy I have the trailer with says the axle is fine so as soon as they or me find the parts I’ll be on the road again.
Glad to hear you're getting moving!

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Guys at the tire shop were great—got me fixed up but ended up leaving the boat at the slip at the lake. Only $10 per day so that was cheaper than paying for gas to tow to Montgomery. Crummy situation but all in all I ended up with two brand new hubs and a new tire.
89EB3F00-EAA9-469A-858C-430F2851DAF9.jpeg
6D435F6A-DD27-4493-9A6D-8414A1153053.jpeg

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad you got everything worked out and you and your boat are safe. Looks like a nice day for a boat ride!

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@Joshua Miller glad it all worked out for you. if you get a chance go chek out the lake. There will be NO ONE out on it and you should have the place to yourself. I'm hoping to go out on Tuesday while kids are in school if I get my chores done :D

If I do I'll shoot ya anther message if you need/want me to check on you boat.