• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Dealer gouge

That sounds good. I have almost 200 hours now. It seems to run great yet so I plan on pulling them for inspection and if they still look good I will put them back in.

Cool. I think they will be fine. Let us know.

@txav8r .. Mel.. If you get a chance when you pick up your boat, I would be interested to know what they charge for the oil change kits that consist of 1 filter and 4 qts. Of oil. I find it cheaper to buy that way rather than separate items.

What does everyone pay for oil, oil filters and spark plugs? I try to stay with factory filters and oil but I think my opinion is changing. My local dealer just charged me $100 for Yamaha oil and oil filters, and that doesn't come with a rubdown while I do the work. They wanted almost $15 per spark plug,, stock plugs....Ok, I was born at night, but not last night. I know when I am being gouged and I don't think they will get the opportunity to sell me any more parts, see you later dealer, I don't appreciate being gouged. I think there are plenty of good oils and oil filters out there that will do just as good or better as factory oil and will be in my boat the next time.

I used a dealer located on Lake of the Ozarks and paid 16.79 for a gallon of Yamalube 10W-40 which is what they recommend for my boat. They also ship free to the lower 48 states. http://www.surdykeyamaha.com/pages/oemparts#/s/YAM//LUB-10W40-WV-04___

I purchased K&N filters off Amazon for 11.26 each. Spark plugs from Oreilly's for 3.98 each.

I paid about $125 for oil, filters and spark plugs. I know I could have saved a little elsewhere but I have other reasons to go to the dealer. First of all face time so he knows me. He knows I am spending money with him when I could go elsewhere. I have found the dealer to be much easier to work with when he knows you and knows you are buying stuff from him. The dealer wants you to come back and eventually buy another boat. I feel I have been given "free bees" numerous times and if ever needed they will be more helpful. Just my approach!

I paid about $125 for oil, filters and spark plugs. I know I could have saved a little elsewhere but I have other reasons to go to the dealer. First of all face time so he knows me. He knows I am spending money with him when I could go elsewhere. I have found the dealer to be much easier to work with when he knows you and knows you are buying stuff from him. The dealer wants you to come back and eventually buy another boat. I feel I have been given "free bees" numerous times and if ever needed they will be more helpful. Just my approach!

BINGO

@rkluck ... that was a great deal for all of that. The dealership in Branson West wanted $22.00 a quart for Yamalube 10W-40. That's why I searched for a better price.

Back