• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dealer has had my boat for three weeks because of a leak.

kyle

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea, if it's coming in at speed, that's a different problem.

I would be tempted to pull that bulkhead out and go for a drive. With that rear compartment empty, it's super easy to look back in there and physically SEE where the water is coming in.

Just realized @kyle is in Independance, KY. Wondering if the boat is at Yamaha of Louisville, or the Cincy dealership (dunno the name). I know YoL is a reputable place and will get you taken care of. I'll be out that way this weekend and could stick my head in the shop and talk to the tech if you think that would help at any level.
Yep it's up at Lodders in Fairfield. They did exactly what you said and have pulled the bulkhead out, put it in the river and drove with two techs watching for leaks.

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep it's up at Lodders in Fairfield. They did exactly what you said and have pulled the bulkhead out, put it in the river and dove with two techs watching for leaks.
Well, sounds like they are on the right track. Not much else to do there, other than find the leak, plug it, record what they did and move along.

Is Lodders on the water? I would think this would be a fairly quick process once they got to it.

*edit*
Just checked the satellite view there. Looks like they have a small pond in the front yard there. Should be easy to find a "static" leak by dunking it. If it's only while underway, then they have a bit of a drive to get to some water.

BDOne

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hopefully you have better luck with Lodders than I did back in the late 90's. I took a Sea Doo XP in to them for a bad leak. (I had to push it up on shore to keep it from sinking while I was riding it.) They couldn't find a problem, and told me I probably left the plug unscrewed. Next time out it started taking on water again. With the seat off, I could clearly see the water coming in around the impeller shaft. How did they miss that unless they didn't even put it in the water?

kyle

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, sounds like they are on the right track. Not much else to do there, other than find the leak, plug it, record what they did and move along.

Is Lodders on the water? I would think this would be a fairly quick process once they got to it.

*edit*
Just checked the satellite view there. Looks like they have a small pond in the front yard there. Should be easy to find a "static" leak by dunking it. If it's only while underway, then they have a bit of a drive to get to some water.
He said they have a membership to some club on the Great Miami River so they can launch when needed to check on stuff like this. They wanted to go to the river so they could get the boat up to speed.

kyle

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess all I had to do was post on here to change my luck. I just received word that the boat was totally dry after the last test run and they are in the process of putting it all back together. I plan on spending the day on the lake on Sunday so we will see.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Put a cork in the clean out tray fill it half way with water and see if any pours out the hull drain hole . Do you see extra screws in that area ? Can you still remove the center smaller hatch ?