• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dealer in Mt Home AR or Branson MO?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Well, like Jeff warns, make sure you loctite your bolts when installing fins. (I did and have had several great outings, but having a problem today.)

Apparently, I must have lost my bottom bolt that the steering nozzle pivots on and subsequently the nozzle flipped up and busted off at the top bolt.

Now I’m dead in the water, limped back to the dock.... on vacation of course. Lol

Anyway, anyone know a Yamaha dealer in Mountain Home AR (where I’m at today) or Branson MO (where I’m headed tomorrow for a week).

I’m going to start Googling now, but thought I’d start here.

[USERGROUP=17]@Table_Rock_Lake[/USERGROUP] @swatski

This is definitely something that can be fixed on my own, but not on vacation. Probably need a factory bolt, a bolt and bushings/washers from @Cobra Jet Steering LLC and of course a new steering nozzle. I guess I’m hoping someone would have the nozzle and bolts and I can put the one side back to factory until I get home and can reassemble the fins and fangs.

I guess last resort, I could have parts shipped to my resort and assemble on my own... I’ll be there until next Sunday.

I think these are the part numbers you will need if it helps at all.

Nozzle, Deflector 6AP-51313-10-00
Collar 90387-08M08-00
Bolt, With Washer97080-08020-00

252.00 on yamahasportsplaza without shipping.

If there is anything I can do to help let me know.

SX210.png

do you know what years/models would fit your boat, I don't know when/if the jets/gates changed, maybe a local PWC shop would have an old ski to salvage from

There used to be a Yamaha dealer at Indian Point marina. I don't know if they closed up shop or if they just quit selling Yamahas. I don't even remember the name of the dealer . Definitely Google it.
I don't or ever owned Cobra Jet steering so I don't know what their bolts are like. Are they specialty bolts? Could you possibly go to a hardware store to get a bolt that would work at least until you're done with your vacation.
I've overnighted stuff to the resort I've stayed at in Table Rock Lake.

Great! Stand by a bit. Going to get back on trailer and take some pics.

I did the same thing with the FSH last year.

@BigAbe75 Can you visit with the guys at the Bull Shoals Lake Boat Dock? The Eastwolds can be super helpful.
They won't have the part but may be able to weld something together to get you back on the water?
Steve Eastwold - owner of the shop
870-445-8357

--

I'm heading there in a couple of days, may move the drive to Sat. I have a spare venturi but not a steering nozzle...

If any one around here has the part - I could take it down there, maybe tomorrow... Or early Sunday?

--

25D273FD-EDDA-4394-B301-F52CE861562B.jpeg

Got it on the trailer and piece off. Plastic bushings on the steering cable... really?

DOn't shoot - but let me ask.
@Cobra Jet Steering LLC could he take the broken steering nozzle off completely and just run around, steering with the good/complete pump?
I mean - for like a day only, not a good solution of course, but jsut to get by and back on the water...?

EDIT: obviously this is not a good solution for docking etc, but one could pull the boat out into the open, it is not crowded over there.

EDIT 2 : that's not a good idea. Scrap that!

EDIT 3: @Bruce I remember someone did run with a broken steering cable, are these boats totally un-steer-able with one steering nozzle out? I'm just wondering...
--

Last edited:
Ok, I think we got this figured out.

Jeff, @Cobra Jet Steering LLC just happened to have a nozzle laying around and all the other bolts. From what I’m told and understand, these nozzles aren’t made any more. The part numbers all redirect to the new nozzles (according to one dealer I spoke with). This one would match. He also managed to fabricate the stock spacer as a temp solution until I can get a new one ordered. And, he’s going to express mail everything to me at the resort, so I should have it on Tuesday and may be able to be on the water by Wed provided that is enough time for the locking compound to cure. That will give me 3-4 days on the water and the fireworks show over the lake on the 30th.

Thanks so much for all the help and offers! 1 guy offered to take his boat a part to loan me what I needed, and another offered to change plans and start a trip a day early to deliver parts. Truly an awesome community!

Also, just a recap of what happened. A few weeks ago, I swapped Thrust Vectors with Cobra Fins and Fangs (acquired aftermarket from someone on the forum). I bought the 2nd fang for each nozzle from @Cobra Jet Steering LLC during a closeout sale. I had everything assembled then realized that I was missing a factory bushing/spacer because the Thrust Vectors didn’t use it. So, I reassembled the Thrust Vectors while waiting for the bushings to arrive. After that, swapped them out again and did a piss-poor job of applying thread lock compound. Resulting in my bolt falling out, and just standard thrust caused the nozzle to break. Has nothing to do with either set of fins that I’ve had. :)

Hopefully, in a few days I’ll be able to report that I’m back in business!

Thanks again All!!

View attachment 77185

Got it on the trailer and piece off. Plastic bushings on the steering cable... really?

Looking at these little plastic bushings where the steering cable connects to the nozzle, they’ve got several little cracks. Is that normal? Should I try to order these too when I order that spacer?

Looking at these little plastic bushings where the steering cable connects to the nozzle, they’ve got several little cracks. Is that normal? Should I try to order these too when I order that spacer?
Those are supposed to be like that.

Looks like you had plenty of help Abe love how people jump together to help any way they can! Hope you guys get back on the water soon !

Ok, I think we got this figured out.

Jeff, @Cobra Jet Steering LLC just happened to have a nozzle laying around and all the other bolts. From what I’m told and understand, these nozzles aren’t made any more. The part numbers all redirect to the new nozzles (according to one dealer I spoke with). This one would match. He also managed to fabricate the stock spacer as a temp solution until I can get a new one ordered. And, he’s going to express mail everything to me at the resort, so I should have it on Tuesday and may be able to be on the water by Wed provided that is enough time for the locking compound to cure. That will give me 3-4 days on the water and the fireworks show over the lake on the 30th.

Thanks so much for all the help and offers! 1 guy offered to take his boat a part to loan me what I needed, and another offered to change plans and start a trip a day early to deliver parts. Truly an awesome community!

Also, just a recap of what happened. A few weeks ago, I swapped Thrust Vectors with Cobra Fins and Fangs (acquired aftermarket from someone on the forum). I bought the 2nd fang for each nozzle from @Cobra Jet Steering LLC during a closeout sale. I had everything assembled then realized that I was missing a factory bushing/spacer because the Thrust Vectors didn’t use it. So, I reassembled the Thrust Vectors while waiting for the bushings to arrive. After that, swapped them out again and did a piss-poor job of applying thread lock compound. Resulting in my bolt falling out, and just standard thrust caused the nozzle to break. Has nothing to do with either set of fins that I’ve had. :)

Hopefully, in a few days I’ll be able to report that I’m back in business!

Thanks again All!!
Wow, what a customer service from Jeff @Cobra Jet Steering LLC - not surprised though, I have experienced that first hand myself. Very impressive!
Also @BigAbe75 glad that you had enough tools with you to take it apart and figure it all out!

Hope it all works and saves the few days left in your boating vacation!

--

@Bruce had a thread on manufacturing a better pair of bushings to replace those lousy OEM ones.

--

Back