• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dealer in Mt Home AR or Branson MO?

I appreciate swatski offering to help also I hate to see people have issues especially on vacation.

The icing on the cake here is two fold:
1. He just happened to have a nozzle laying around that should fit. He acquired it somewhere else and thought that somebody might need it one day.
2. He managed to fabricate a temp solution for a factory bushing to get me on the water.

I expected him to have a replacement bolt as he sends them with his products.

Dealer bill was going to be close to $400 not including service.

On my own, new nozzle was something like 275 plus various bolts, washers, other misc parts at least $25 more.

And Jeff can get me back on the water for under $150 including express shipping. Just awesome!!

@BigAbe75 glad that you had enough tools with you to take it apart and figure it all out!
--

Tools is one thing I’ve got. Here’s a pic from our last trip over mother’s day. Thought our problem here was grease, which was compromised, and 2 bad zerk fittings, but real problem was stuck brake actuator heating up the hubs.

5F568441-97FB-41ED-B878-C920D16E8A65.jpeg

Though, now that I think about it, the hex wrenches I have may be a little wimpy. May need a Walmart run to remedy that if I run into trouble. :)

It is new. Trip mentioned above was maiden voyage with toolbox.

It is attached to trailer. Works well, but damn thing does not seal. It’s about 3-4” in the water during launch/retrieve.

Better box or extra rubber seal might have made a difference. But I just drilled a hole in it to drain. While I’m up from the ramp on the incline getting the boat stowed and plugs pulled, box drains too.

I did build a little shelf that’s not pictured above, and have all tools stowed in Rubbermaid totes. On the trip above the small tote has bungees and various other tie downs etc floated so did not get wet. The larger tote with big jack, lug wrench and other general heavy stuff did not float. When I got home I realized that the tour got water in it, which of course did not drain. Hence the new shelf, to keep the lid closer to the top. :)

It was a cheap box.

Well, received the parts, this afternoon, from @Cobra Jet Steering LLC including the spare steering nozzle that he just happened to have previously acquired.

Finally got everything installed tonight. Locking compound applied, superglue added for extra help and checked out other bolts. Actually, bottom bolt on other steering nozzle was crazy loose. It was still threaded all the way in, but very loose to turn.

Anyway, all fixed up and ready for the water in the morning. Still going to get 5 days of vacation on the water!!

So grateful for all the offers of assistance and the contacts acquired through JB.net. :) Without it, I would have been waiting on a dealer, and probably been too chicken to work on a bunch of stuff that I’ve learned to tackle myself.

Back