• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dealer requires financing through Yamaha <also says NO CASH deals!!??>

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Is this Boaters Exchange in Rockledge, Fl? I tried to buy an AR190 through this dealer earlier this year they would only finance it through YFS.

Edit: Spelling :)
I got mine from rockledge not sure about financing but they allowed me to pay cash. MSRP plus 3K prep/trailer upgrade to aluminum and $30 off aft shade lol

EricB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Thanks, HO. I will call them today.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I have never been called a HO but hope it works out for you. :)

EricB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I spoke with Scott in sales in the Lansing office. This boat was sold Saturday to someone in Canada. Thanks for the heads-up anyway.
Regards
-E

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@EricB Call around there are dealers with that boat I am sure. The high end ones sometimes sell slower. Put in the leg work. I would bet you can find one ready to go.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I didn’t see exactly what they had, but drove past Barney’s last night, they had several on the lot.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I think what we are all trying to say is... DON'T DO IT!

Chatt_Jetsetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Here are the conditions they've offered;
  1. Won't take cash. Won't take outside financing. Will only take an order if financed through Yamaha.
  2. Won't provide an invoice, just a final price. Price looks to have an additional $2500 dealer fees, beyond the $3500 dealer prep.
  3. Won't provide APR or finance contract until after I sign purchase order.
  4. The purchase order specifies
    1. Deposit is non-refundable
    2. Specific performance, I am required to purchase the boat. Deposit does not cover liquidated damages for non-performance.
    3. I must carry the financing for a minimum of 12 months
I'll call the sales manager directly and see if there is a non-nonsense deal to be had. Maybe the sales associate is off the leash.
I realize it's not always a possibility, but I'd look for another dealer.

Mjones

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got mine from rockledge not sure about financing but they allowed me to pay cash. MSRP plus 3K prep/trailer upgrade to aluminum and $30 off aft shade lol
Got mine new 252 SD from Rockledge 2 weeks ago. Could not have been happier with the experience. No issues at all.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got mine new 252 SD from Rockledge 2 weeks ago. Could not have been happier with the experience. No issues at all.
How were the fees and charges on it?

Mjones

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On my 252 SD I was out the door at 98k. That is taxes, tag and fees. I think prep/delivery was under 4k but I'm not 100% - I can tell you that it was 98kish and then I boat the warranty and cover that pushed it up.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Same here I couldn’t haggle the price (demand was sky high when I purchased) but they were straight forward with everything, easy to deal with

EricB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I've called about 10 dealers at this point. Here is what I found out.
1) Indeed, everyone thinks that requiring yamaha financing is unheard of
2) Nobody has inventory (255xd)
3) Some delers are sold out of all 2022 allocation and are not even taking deposits any more.

I'll have to keep scanning.

1969mach1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
3) Some delers are sold out of all 2022 allocation and are not even taking deposits any more.
And given supply chain issues, I would bet fully half of that allocation will not materialize for 2022. Said differently, you problaby weren't going to get your boat in 2022 anyway.

I'd recommend doing what I did, which was to open up my search to used and other brands. I got lucky and found a brand new 2021 Crownline 265 SS Surf that the dealer got from another dealer who had more than he could sell. He got it after the season ended in Idaho so I got it at $55,000 below MSRP. It was; however, $38,000 OTD more than the 252SE we had on order, but, hey I have a boat for next summer, it's a foot longer and a much better surf boat/family boat combo. It was a big bummer walking out to our dock every day last summer and only having a kayak to take out for a spin (yeah, I know, first world problems...)

Keep combing craigslist. Use searchtempest to search craigslist all across the country. Dealer's use CL a lot. Good luck.

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
And given supply chain issues, I would bet fully half of that allocation will not materialize for 2022. Said differently, you problaby weren't going to get your boat in 2022 anyway.

I'd recommend doing what I did, which was to open up my search to used and other brands. I got lucky and found a brand new 2021 Crownline 265 SS Surf that the dealer got from another dealer who had more than he could sell. He got it after the season ended in Idaho so I got it at $55,000 below MSRP. It was; however, $38,000 OTD more than the 252SE we had on order, but, hey I have a boat for next summer, it's a foot longer and a much better surf boat/family boat combo. It was a big bummer walking out to our dock every day last summer and only having a kayak to take out for a spin (yeah, I know, first world problems...)

Keep combing craigslist. Use searchtempest to search craigslist all across the country. Dealer's use CL a lot. Good luck.
Also put down deposits at dealers that are not non-refundable. I believe both pinellas county dealers are this way.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
J & J Sales 419 433-2523 Ohio. Just sold their 255xd lime on the lot today. They have a 255xd sapphire coming in any day and a 255xd Lime that has been accepted and will be coming in in the next couple months or so they project.

For others interested they may have a 255 FSH available and possibly a 252 FSH.

Caveat I don't know anything about the dealership.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Call the dealers in the North since it is out of season. The farther north you go you will find a bit more inventory.

EricB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Thanks!. I just spoke with him, He is getting feelers out on where the boat is (saphire).

EricB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
No luck. The saphire has already come and gone. J & J next availability for this boat is sometime next summer.
One dealer in Vermont is sold out until 2023.

I'll keep looking and also consider the advice to look for a something more accessible.

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Don't sleep on the used ones either. Sometimes you can find them with some cool mods already done. I know its the 24ft, but still...