• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Boat Stuff Dealer wants $1k so it must be worth 3! 2024 Shorelandr Trailer for Sale $3,000

g8rswez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
2024 (per bill of Sale) Shorlandr Trailer. Came with my new Yamaha 252 SD, which is now docked out on the lake and the odds of the trailer being used are...slim...and my wife thinks it's a bit of an eyesore i guess??

Matte Black. 5220 max load capacity. Model # YAV512NXWMS0

Location Lake Carroll/Old Carrollwood
Tampa, FL 33618

trailer2.jpgtrailer3.jpg
trailer6.jpg

trailer7.jpg

Trailer1.jpgtrailer4.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess I don't get it. I have seen people whom sell their trailers once they are in the water, etc. What do you do when you need to pull it or take it in for warranty work or damage or a storm is coming, or sell it, etc. etc.? Only asking because I don't get it.

g8rswez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I guess I don't get it. I have seen people whom sell their trailers once they are in the water, etc. What do you do when you need to pull it or take it in for warranty work or damage or a storm is coming, or sell it, etc. etc.? Only asking because I don't get it.
Pay the $300 to get the pro to move it. so i have like 20 of those built in at this price. Hope that helps?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pay the $300 to get the pro to move it. so i have like 20 of those built in at this price. Hope that helps?
Makes sense,

I guess, but where would they move it to in case of a storm or it needs to go in for warranty work or damage for weeks or longer? Does it sit on the Pro's trailer? Around here, Michigan Great Lakes, dealers don't have the capacity and boat must be brought in on a trailer and left. Maybe different down by you.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m right there with ya. I like to take my boat to different places and see different things. Even if I dry stacked my boat I would still have my trailer available to take the boat on vacation. Another thought is trying to sell the boat without a trailer is going be more difficult.
Just my .02

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
it wont sale specially in Fl, sorry
It think it is gonna be a tough sell to find a buyer for a painted trailer in Florida, where everyone expects a galvanized or aluminum trailer.

Ji

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It think it is gonna be a tough sell to find a buyer for a painted trailer in Florida, where everyone expects a galvanized or aluminum trailer.

Ji
Didn't think about that, good point. And inland and in the North everyone pretty much keeps their trailers.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also, you are near Tampa? What if you want to go to the keys or launch out of Miami, etc. Those are trips I can't wait to get to do.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
it wont sale specially in Fl, sorry
I have heard about these mythical things called highways and a metal Chariot of steel. Once the chariot of steel gets all these mythical highways, they can go almost anywhere. Like maybe from Georgia or Louisiana to florida to buy a trailer. Just because you don't think that's a right price. Or you don't think that will sell in a certain area, Sometimes it's best to keep You're opinions to your damn self. I have been on this site for about 8 years. It seems like every time someone wants to sell something. The price police come out and force. I understand people are trying to look out for the jetboat community. So no one gets ripped off. But if someone doesn't think it's a fair price, there's a easy solution to that problem. Don't buy what they're selling.
forrest-gump-thats-all-i-have-to-say.gif

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I do love the price police. Thanks for telling everyone what that should pay.
Not telling anyone, but if you are in FL or anywhere near Salt water . There ain't Noone dumb enough to pay that price for something that will rot away. Anyone paying $6k for a trailer will go gavanized or aluminum. Just commom sense.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@g8rswez, you are welcome to advertise your trailer at any price that you wish. Although I am curious how arrived at your asking price?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@g8rswez , if the price is right someone will buy it even if they have to drive a few hundred or thousands of miles to get it. Good luck with the sale.

Just curious , did the trailer come with those rims or are they aftermarket. I suggest you include more detail in your ad. What brand tires are they? Any upgrades?

finally, I can’t tell from your pics but it looks like the same shorelander trailer that came stock with the last generation of 240s. I’m using a 2017 now and other than the rims they look like the same trailer.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I live near the water now and the harbor master advises everyone who asks, usually those who just rented a slip or put their boat in the dry stack, not to sell their trailers for the reasons you and others have stated. I tend to agree with him but also disagree as well. The reason for the latter is that the marina also rents out uncovered trailer storage space for $25 a month . During the summer they had literally one mile of empty trailers lined up side by side. I posted a pic of this a while ago. When they ran out of primary storage space they used the parking lot to store the overflow. They make a lot of money off of people that don’t sell their trailers.

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
What dealer sold you a painted trailer in FL?

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I live near the water now and the harbor master advises everyone who asks, usually those who just rented a slip or put their boat in the dry stack, not to sell their trailers for the reasons you and others have stated. I tend to agree with him but also disagree as well. The reason for the latter is that the marina also rents out uncovered trailer storage space for $25 a month . During the summer they had literally one mile of empty trailers lined up side by side. I posted a pic of this a while ago. When they ran out of primary storage space they used the parking lot to store the overflow. They make a lot of money off of people that don’t sell their trailers.

I'm trying to sell the aluminum trailer that came with my 275SD as well. I have my boat on a dry rack and access the Gulf and Intercoastal in southwest FL and with a 9' beam I'm not going to trailer it anywhere.

I bought the boat right before hurricane Ian hit us head on and destroyed the marina I can walk to from my house. I decided to go dry rack 15 minutes away since the marina is still a trainwreck and I will never go back to a marina and docking on the water. A Cat 4 hit us head-on and I don't think any of the boats on the racks got damaged while several were heavily damaged or sunk at the marina.

The dealer is a 25-minute boat ride away for service. They also have a mobile tech and I have SeaTow if I would need towed in for service. I have nowhere at my home to keep the trailer and have to pay $75 months to keep it at a guy's house who has a large yard.

If I was still going to dock on a lift at the marina, I would keep the trailer to pull it out if another hurricane hit but being on the dry rack I see no reason to have a trailer.

Also... I had some interest in my trailer down here in Florida. What some people don't think about are snowbirds who own houses in Florida. A fair amount of people living on the water don't have trailers. One guy was thinking of renting a trailer to start taking his boat back to Ohio to use in the summer and then renting again to bring it back to Florida in the winter.... then the light bulb went on and he realized it was cheaper and easier to buy a trailer.

Also.... saltwater tears up trailers if you don't stay on top of it and I've seen a few guys replacing trailers over time who keep their boats a long time.

Last edited: