• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dealers are funny (the smile is dissapearing)

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, I've just received an email telling me my boat is in, fantastic……:D.

Quick update, I did the deal in May for a delivered boat in the fall, I live in the UK, but take my vacation through the fall/winter in Florida, so this worked right for me.

It goes like this. Your blue AR240 is in, would you like to seal the deal. AR? I ordered an SX, and in black.
O, yes, it is an SX, but you ordered it in blue?
No, defiantly in black, as I wanted the bright white gel, not the off white you get with the blue or red.

Its all gone silent…………………….

Oh boy....Hopefully you have an order sheet that gave the details of exactly what you ordered. I'd hate for you to lose a deposit if he ordered the wrong one and tries to push it on you.

Don't you have a receipt for the down payment? When I ordered my boat w/ down payment, the color was clearly shown on it.

Go with the upgraded boat..LOL

Your choices are limited!

Tried to persuade me into the Blue SX, not going there. Apparently ordered a black but then I get an email saying they can get one from another dealer but going to cost me another $1400 in shipping !!!!!:confused:, yea, right!

I was hoping they'd offer that, but not ATM :(

Good luck getting that sorted out. Sometimes you have to wonder about dealers... ordering the right boat (with almost zero options to choose) doesn't seem that difficult to me.

Also, you might want to watch your language...NSFW terminology alert! ;):p:D

Tried to persuade me into the Blue SX, not going there. Apparently ordered a black but then I get an email saying they can get one from another dealer but going to cost me another $1400 in shipping !!!!!:confused:, yea, right!
Get a refund on your deposit and go "get one from another dealer" the one were going to get it from.

If you can get the ar for the sx price would you?

The better half doesn't like the tower :confused:.

Found myself looking at the Chaparel 243 VR, $1000 rebate, 5 year warranty, 5 year component warranty, very tempted.
Did your Yamaha sale fall through?

If they fail to get this sorted out quickly, i would walk away and go to another dealer.

Still in the air, they said they will order another but I'm thinking are Yamaha still making 2015 models, do they have any stock? Just a feeling a little let down and all out of trust ATM with the dealer.
I know how you feel ......I've been through a lot with that dealer. I would stay with Yamaha from what I saw looking over all of the competitor boats in Miami. Maybe you need to wait until you get back here to go find a 2015 in stock somewhere, by then the 2016's will be out and dealers might give you a better deal.

Nice...Charge you more for their F-up...Get your deposit and find another dealer.

Just my 2 cents. I imagine the challenge with the dealer is that the paperwork states the same boat received. Do you have anything on paper (or email) that reflects the boat you wanted? The dealer can make this work out for you but he would have to cover some extra costs as well. I would also guess the dealer doesn't want the 2015 since the year is running out. If the AR would have been Ok with your family you probably could have got a better deal. Now there may even be a debate on the deposit refund. I hope the dealer treats you right and you get what you want at no extra cost.

Back