• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 AR210 transducer failed, under warranty, but due to supply chain issues the boat is not usable at the moment...What to do?

jpdaley1026

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have a 2019 AR 195. My transducer went out on me last yr in the middle of the summer. I was getting alarm, "no transducer found". Still have warranty until this Jul. I still used the boat, just cautious about where I went. I took the boat to the Dealer in Nov. they verified it was ducer issue and ordered one. Was supposed to be in on 4/13. new arrival date 5/1. If it gets pushed back again I will buy a new one. Like someone mentioned earlier, there is a thread on how to chg out ducer with amazon jumper. Ducer is only $265 on that site. RPM's still show, can judge speed by that for now. 1st boat for me, not sure about adding aftermarket product yet. Hope this helps. BTW dealer says these go bad all the time

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
my transducer stopped last year on my 252se speed reads from gps not transducer it only reads depth and water temperature, didnt need it to go to bahamas, yes i will get it replace in october or november.in the mean time download navionics on your phone to navigate away from shallow areas

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My Yammie came to me N.U.D.E - No Underwater Depth Equipment and I ran it for 6 months with reefs all over before getting my Garmin and self installing. I say run it and get out on the water where the fun and adventure is.

oramac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well...can you, yes...should you? NO. It is not safe to operate it...and as I said, Yamaha and Insurance company said not to use it either.
Can you drive a car without speedometer? Sure thing. Should you? I don't think so....
Having a depth finder on my Yamaha is a pleasant novelty. I've never had one on any of my older boats. Also, on my older boats, the pitot tube speedometer was never terribly accurate, so I just used the GPS on my phone for accurate speed measurements. There are several really good speedometer and/or GPS apps that track speed, distance traveled, etc.

Tim in MD

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the same issue as the OP, but I have a different question. On my last outing of the fall, an alarm sounded, and the speed/depth/water temp went blank. I'm fine to operate without them (part was ordered by dealer under warranty in November, it is expected sometime in the next few years). I do have a GPS chart plotter and of course a phone.

My question: how do I disable the alarm? The dealership service manager claimed to not know any way to do this. Unlike a depth warning, it couldn't be silenced by pushing a button.

Tim in MD

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just read another post on this topic. Looks like duct tape and a towel is the preferred (but not terribly effective) solution to the alarm? I read the writeup from @Inthrustwetrust on changing this on an AR240. On my AR210, the starboard engine is directly on top of the transducer - I can barely see the thing, let alone remove it. Has anybody done this on an AR210? (I'm not much of a mechanic - I would take it to the marina across the river - not the Yamaha dealer - to have this done).

Again, if anyone has a solution to the alarm, please advise - then I'm happy-ish to wait for the warranty part to arrive.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I am sure glad that I found this thread.

Guess all those years that I navigated a small boat without a depth gauge and relied on paper charts, a compass, line of sight, and went slow in areas I wasn't familiar with, was pretty reckless! 🤣

Seriously, if I was the OP, I would just enjoy using the boat without the speedometer and depth gauge.

My experience is that often when the depth gauge shows shallow water, one is already in it!

Jim

jbhellman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New to the forum but found this thread researching my failed transducer.
I just read another post on this topic. Looks like duct tape and a towel is the preferred (but not terribly effective) solution to the alarm? I read the writeup from @Inthrustwetrust on changing this on an AR240. On my AR210, the starboard engine is directly on top of the transducer - I can barely see the thing, let alone remove it. Has anybody done this on an AR210? (I'm not much of a mechanic - I would take it to the marina across the river - not the Yamaha dealer - to have this done).

Again, if anyone has a solution to the alarm, please advise - then I'm happy-ish to wait for the warranty part to arrive.
Tim...do you know if the location is the same for 2021 models ?

Also, has anyone successfully fixed the factory transducer or is always an issue with the internal electronics ?

Lastly...to all those chiming in on the use/don't use question. I am ABSOLUTELY still out on the water. Tachometers give me a reasonable idea of my speed and I just exercise a little more caution making sure I stay in marked channels (here on James River in VA).