• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Decision on YPP (Yamaha Warranty)

YamPat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hi All,

i will take possession of my new 252 in a few days but one decision i have to make is on the extented warranty...

Boat come with 1year full coverage but because i decided to finance with Yamaha Finance i got 2years extra with YPP for free.

so now the decision

4th year of YPP for 756$ CAD

4th and 5th of YPP for 1628$ CAD

Any toughts??

When I bought my 2021 252SD the dealer never offered the warranty. I wish they had I could have financed it. Just before my 1 year warranty ran out I bought the extra 4 years of Y.E.S normally I don’t by warranties but I figured it was worth it since I have seen a few 252’s on the forum have issues with the infotainment system (electric dash) and that alone is a couple thousand dollars. Plus mine has the power steering and with the shitty workmanship during Covid it made since to us. Luckily my boat has been great from day one. I hope this helps!

For the amount of coin they’re asking for these boats now it’s crazy to think they still only offer 1 year warranty. A lot of other boats provided much more warranty. You’d think with a jet having less mechanical parts they could step up their game but it seems they love to nickel and dime their customer base.

I too bought my extended warranty just prior to year one ending. I did it because of the Connext alone, due to the costly nature of those type of issues.

Before Covid they used to give that 5years right away if you make your purchase in the spring....

i'm leaning more to take it than not take it ....

How much is to replace the connext??
Anybody know

Yea that’s true, if you have a Connext boat probably not a bad idea to get extended warranty. That thing has been an issue from the get-go for some people. It would be one thing if you had redundancy around Connext but unfortunately everything is integrated with it. It would probably cost more to replace a bad Connext unit than the cost of warranty. Just make sure if you’re getting an extended warranty that is is genuine Yamaha YES and not some dealer BS warranty.

Yea that’s true, if you have a Connext boat probably not a bad idea to get extended warranty. That thing has been an issue from the get-go for some people. It would be one thing if you had redundancy around Connext but unfortunately everything is integrated with it. It would probably cost more to replace a bad Connext unit than the cost of warranty. Just make sure if you’re getting an extended warranty that is is genuine Yamaha YES and not some dealer BS warranty.
It is 100% Yamaha (YES), thank's

I was on the fence about purchasing YES with the boat, well that was until we committed to the 212SD. With the DRIVE system, E series DBW, and the 12" Connext screen it seemed like a worthwhile insurance policy.

Back