• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deck drains fsh 190

nyfan78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Have a 2016 fsh 190. I was hosing it out today and noticed the water pooling up. The drains were draining just slow enough to cause water to pool up on the deck. Any ideas?

SgtBFGunner

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There are one way flapper valves in the house on the way out. I always kept a thing piece of hose around and would pole it down the drain and it would open up enough to let the water flow out faster.
The other issue is, some people's flappers were put in backwards. A forum search will find this topic and pics. The valve is directionally marked.

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Have a 2016 fsh 190. I was hosing it out today and noticed the water pooling up. The drains were draining just slow enough to cause water to pool up on the deck. Any ideas?
I have a 210 FSH, mine was also draining slow, I found the drain lines were installed with inconsistent fall. Hoses or lines were not always lower to the exit side.

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Also, debris tends to lodge in the drains causing slow draining. One of the first things you should try is directing hose water down the drains to flush them out. You can seat your water hose in the drain (inside the boat), and then using a rag seal it to force the water through the drain.

If the water pours out, you will have: flushed the drain and confirmed the drain is functioning/installed properly. I flush my drains every few months, and they drain fairly well.

Last edited:

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Also, debris tends to lodge in the drains causing slow draining. One of the first things you should try is directing hose water down the drains to flush them out. You can seat your water hose in the drain (inside the boat), and then using a rag seal it to force the water through the drain.

If the water pours out, you will have: flushed the drain and confirmed the drain is functioning/installed properly. I flush my drains every few months, and they drain fairly well.
That is a good idea, my boat has been plugged since I got it a couple weeks ago. I tried pushing air through it with a compressor, but no luck. I like the rag seal! Thanks.

brownjjst

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago.... I took my air compressor and blew it out from the floor side, all of the trash came blowing out of the boat. It is easy to get these clogged up! add this to the to do list for the boat!

dels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Welp, looks like I am suffering from one or more of the things mentioned here... Everything else seems so great, I don't understand (well, I do $$) how Yamaha would not take this more seriously and do the right thing... I can't imagine any other item you pay that much money for that would basically not have one of the most basic functions not work properly!

On the plus side, gets me acquainted with the boat and I am sure I'll know it inside out soon enough!