• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deck washdown Mod no more standing water!!

jetfisher

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
i noticed the fittings exiting the boat were both loose. Going to get removed, sealed and reinstalled this weekend.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Both of my floor drains took forever to drain the water out of the cockpit area. I had this issue with my last bay boat as well. I ended up slipping a 5/8 rubber tube down the train to hold the scupper valve open and used the garden house to flush out the line. You would be amazed at all the trash that came out that obstructing the valve. Both drains now flow nice and no more standing or slow drains.

puzle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My starboard drain was slow so I removed it and the valve was installed backwards from the factory :confused:
My port side (pain to removed) was correct but also loose as others have mentioned.

Last edited:

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
My starboard drain was slow so I removed it and the value was install backwards from the factory :confused:
My port side (pain to removed) was correct but also loose as others have mentioned.
What year is your boat?

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I deleted the scuppers on both sides and just ran a straight pieces.. Drains super fast... no issues with water entering the deck.. saw that Grady Whites had no scuppers on their deck drainage so I did it to mine.. sloshed around in 6 foot seas since then and never an issue... you may see a tiny bit of water in the drain lip that's about it