• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

DeGray Lake, Bismarck, AR

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
DeGray Lake is a 13,800 acre lake with 207 miles of shoreline, an average depth of 47' and a max depth of 200'.

DeGray Lake Resort State Park is the largest facility on the lake.

The State Park has a lodge with 94 modern hotel type rooms that rent for around $100 per night as well as the Shoreline Restaurant that serves three meals per day and an 18 hole golf course. Alternate sleeping options include a campground including RV hookups and yurts. The marina offers boat, water toy and slip rental.

The State Park is located 19 miles (25 minutes) from Interstate 30, 264 miles (4 hours) from Dallas, 379 miles (6 hours) from Houston, 317 miles (3.5 hours) from Oklahoma City, 206 miles (3 hours) from Memphis, 278 miles (5 hours), 416 miles (6.4 hours) from St. Louis and 443 miles (6.5 hours) from Birmingham, AL.

I had fished DeGray many times as a child but had not been back since. Yesterday afternoon we launched at a small facility at the north end of the lake 25 miles from our home. We were pleasantly surprised to find very few boats on the glassy water.

IMG_3443.JPG

We started with an a run from the North to South of the lake scouting the islands, levy and dam along the way. The water was so smooth that we were able to move about the boat without concern while underway.

IMG_3444.JPG IMG_3447.JPG IMG_3473.JPG IMG_3474.JPG IMG_3484.JPG

After exploring we stopped in a bay to swim and paddle board. Unfortunately I did not take any photos.

Around 7:30 we docked at the courtesy dock at the State Park where we enjoyed dinner and desert.

IMG_3493.JPG IMG_3502.JPG

We boated 25 plus miles on DeGray Lake on a Saturday afternoon and saw less than 20 other boats on the water. Two of those were wake boats with riders in tow. One on the north end that had a several mile long cove to itself and another by the dam using the main body of the lake. Both had absolutely glassy water.

The lake has a number of islands and appears to have some steep rocky areas that would be good for cliff diving.

My family frequently enjoys 40,000 acre Lake Ouachita. But I believe that DeGray Lake would be a better location for any future gatherings due to the lodge facilities and proximity to Interstate 30.

@Altoon_Pool_Mississippi_River, @Table_Rock_Lake, @Texas_and_Oklahoma

Last edited:

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
interested

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We are hoping and praying to make Bimini 2018 but after 2018 we hope and pray to literally find a LOT of members at a LOT of lakes every year and visit places like this one! See the world via boat trips!

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I grew up going to DeGray seemed like every weekend during the summers.

I remember it having some busy days but my interpretation of busy is probably a lot different now:)

We always launched from the ramp by the spillway, we would put all our stuff at one of the picnic tables by the water in the trees and never had anything messed with even though it would stay there for hours while we were out on the boat.

A few times we camped at other locations on the lake, Arlie Moore comes to mind, it really is a nice lake and lots of coves that we would have to ourselves for tubing, kneeboarding and hanging out.
Love that lake! I was hoping to make it up there this summer but I don't think it's going to happen:-(

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am having gathering withdraw. Pick the weekend and we are in.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have any dates in mind?
I may show up with my new Scarab. Just need to find one that we can surf behind, it seems to be a bit of a challenge with both Scarabs and Chaps.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, yeah, if I have a boat by then.

--
Our course you do, 2012 SX240. Notice, the first 2 characters.... "SX" . I am sure you can appreciate that.

LOZBum

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We may be interested, just yesterday we were talking about taking the kids to Crater of Diamonds... little over an hour from there. They like digging in dirt, so I figure what better cheap entertainment.

Our issue is between now and October we have 2 weekends open, that I know of... I have to check with Dana.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We've camped at Degray a number of times, but have not had the Yamaha out there yet. We did a sightseeing and swimming excursion one time while we were camping that made us miss our Yamaha even more. It's a beautiful place! We'd be willing to do a meet up sometime next summer for sure,

smack

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I'd be in (depending on weekend) for this as well - @Bruce the last time I saw you was on Ouachita several years ago - that's been one of my favorite lakes I've been to.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I spoke with Claire last night.

The boss's words were, "loaded & ready, should the Jetboaters act wisely".

Apparently my wife is in to the news these days.