• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dent on vinyl seating

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Dealer left in water seating on the seats near the transom and then put the heavy / dirty shipping cover on top. Will they return to normal?
IMG_0763.jpeg

Find and upholsterer that has a steamer, or use a heat gun. A couple of seconds under under the hot steam and it will be like new. We use steam others use a heat gun, but be careful, the steamer is more forgiving and less likely to melt the vinyl. What steam can do to dents in old foam is amazing. You can try a heat gun, just don't let the vinyl get too hot.

Last edited:
Find and upholsterer that has a steamer, or use a heat gun. A couple of seconds under under the hot steam and it will be like new. We use steam others use a heat gun, but be careful, the steamer is more forgiving and less likely to melt the vinyl. What steam can do to dents in old foam is amazing. You can try a heat gun, just don't let the vinyl get too hot.

Thank you for the awesome reply! Does this work for really deep dents?

Thank you for the awesome reply! Does this work for really deep dents?

I can only speak for the steam method. I have seen it remove deep 1/2" to 3/4" deep dents...I don't know about really deep dents. LOL
Steam will remove what I see above.

Last edited:
We use this steamer, some people on the web have success with a steam iron but be careful to lay a damp cloth over the vinyl first.

20220118_072555.jpg

20220118_073746.jpg

Last edited:
Back