• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Depth Alarm

dgbroyles @gmail.com

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One more item that is frustrating. Depth alarm is going off when my depth set in settings is 20ft in our 2015 Yamaha ar240 connect. As soon as I turn the keys on, the boat in the driveway or at loading dock in the water, alarm immediately comes on. We can silence the alarm and doesn't go off again. Talked with Yamaha dealer, they say they have not encountered that issue. He's not even sure it's the transducer and they can't even get one if that is the issue. He wants me to contact Yamaha factory support. Anybody seen this? Dealer wasn't much help.

Maybe i am misunderstanding. You have your depth alarm set at 20ft and ypur wondering why its going off in the driveway? If its set to 20ft then any reading under 20ft with throw the alarm.

Ok why is your depth alarm set to 20ft? Mine is set to 1.5ft. Thats from the bottom of the boat so it lets me know when im in really shallow water. Im not sure the transducer picks up the ground when the boat is out of the water but if it does then its clearly working right for you since its set to 20’

If tried various settings on the connect, but alarm goes off on any depth setting. Yes I would like to set it at 1.5ft if it was working correctly. Dealer service man wasn't sure and just said he wasn't sure and to contact Yamaha. So yes a little annoyed, but at least you can mute alarm.

Was out on the lake Wednesday, probably in 300ft of water. Turned everything off to swim. Started engines back up and low depth warning is beeping at me. Any depth darn thing beeps at me!

On my '12, when I first turn on the engines I do get the beep, but then it goes off by itself (no need to mute).

So, perhaps a dumb question, but how do you know it is the depth alarm? Does it flash on the screen? Or do you just get the little AL in the corner? Just checking if it might be another alarm (low oil, cam sensor, etc.)...

Alert is low depth. So you just push the silent button next to alert. Alarm will not go off until you push silent on connext screen

Gotcha. Sorry, I was looking at your profile info--missed the different boat description originally. Or forgot it. It has been a long day.

Yeah, I gotta suspect transducer as well...

Well.. I have a 2019 242x and got the transducer error. Called my dealer and they said a nationwide shortage/backorder on these parts upwards of 6 months. I really hope that is not the case!

Got same reply from my dealer. For cost and wait of transducer, I don't want to be wrong!

Boat mechanic replaced the transducer this winter and still have same problem. Connext reads zero depth trailered and alarm will still go off if depth Guage is set to 1 or 20. Spent a pretty penny on this with no results. Still read water temp fi e, just depth is the issue. Anybody else encountered this?

What transducer did he use ? Maybe there is a problem with the wiring harness see if you can identify what it connects to clean the contact points and apply some die electric grease. I have seen a few members change them with success

Ya I thought about that, could be as simple as a harness or bad wire. It's suppose to be the Yamaha OEM transducer.

Well, that sux.

Yes, several reports (in other parts of the craft) of harnesses that were not put all the way together at the factory, then developed corrosion in the pins. I would pull the connection at the transducer and then follow it back to wherever it leads, checking connectors along the way.

It's suppose to be the Yamaha OEM transducer.

the oem have been back ordered if you didn’t wait months there is a good chance he used after market. I think the way to confirm is the wiring harness if it looks like it was spliced in its not factory. Time to dig into this yourself and investigate

looked up the Oem part on parts zilla. It’s back ordered 200 days

He claimed it was oem. He had a hard time finding one and found a single one in lake Havasu. I'll look at paperwork He gave me to. I am now suspecting a harness issue.

Boat mechanic replaced the transducer this winter and still have same problem. Connext reads zero depth trailered and alarm will still go off if depth Guage is set to 1 or 20. Spent a pretty penny on this with no results. Still read water temp fi e, just depth is the issue. Anybody else encountered this?

Try it in water. It is most likely an Airmar transducer. Yamaha is listed as a customer.

20221214_103944.jpg

AIRMAR
Airmar › ins...PDF
Theory of Operations

This is Page 12.
20221214_103343.jpg

This is what Garmin says.

20221209_104104.jpg
I posted this in the other thread.

Last edited:
Nice info, I assume Garmin and yamaha transducer signals would be very similar.

Back