• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Depth Alarm

Last edited:
Yes, very similar, It's sonar and a temp sensor, they can be compatible. Transducers for Boats | Thru-hull & In-hull | Garmin

View attachment 192030

Depth and temperature. Garmin | Search Pretty sure they (Yamaha) use an Airmar DT 800. Yamaha has their own connector design.

Edit: Just searched this... https://jetboaters.net/threads/how-...sducer-for-half-the-cost-with-pictures.35869/
Ya, I double checked. What he took out was a airmar and what he put back in was a airmar. Identical. I still have the old one to. Need to put the boat in the water I guess. I called mechanic and all I got was the secretary. His wife! Gave her my disappointment and my two cents. Been 5 days with no call back. Guess im finding a new mechanic next year.

Any open water at a ramp in your area, or is it turning hard? If you have no ice, I would take off the stern tie downs, back it down a ramp, leaving it on the trailer to test, unless the transducer is obstructed by a trailer bunk. But it would work. The alarm will still go off sensing the trailer, but you will get a reading. Being in Idaho, you may have to wait til Spring. Good luck.

Last edited:
Back