• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Depth Finder

Crlos16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
need some help here, I have the original depht Finder on my 09 232limited S, I feel this might be a dumb question, but how do I turn this depht Finder ON?

Once I turn the ignition switch on I hear it come on, but then turns off. Once i press down both buttons it comes back on and it reads the depth but seconds later turns off!
Is there a toggle switch I'm missing???

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
need some help here, I have the original depht Finder on my 09 232limited S, I feel this might be a dumb question, but how do I turn this depht Finder ON?

Once I turn the ignition switch on I hear it come on, but then turns off. Once i press down both buttons it comes back on and it reads the depth but seconds later turns off!
Is there a toggle switch I'm missing???
When you say it goes off do you have a blank screen on the gauge or do you just see dashes? If you see just dashes it indicates it can't get a reading. That could be due to a muddy bottom where the signal gets absorbed rather than bouncing back to the receiver.

My boat is 3 years older but I believe they work the same. Mine comes on with the starboard ignition key and stays on. There is no other switch. The two buttons you refer to allows you to adjust the depth warning. Then you press either button to adjust up or down.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Pretty common issue is the two dashes instead of depth even after showing it for a second first.
Mine does this i just haven't done anything but usually peope replace the whole thing with new.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Crlos16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
When you say it goes off do you have a blank screen on the gauge or do you just see dashes? If you see just dashes it indicates it can't get a reading. That could be due to a muddy bottom where the signal gets absorbed rather than bouncing back to the receiver.

My boat is 3 years older but I believe they work the same. Mine comes on with the starboard ignition key and stays on. There is no other switch. The two buttons you refer to allows you to adjust the depth warning. Then you press either button to adjust up or down.
A blank screen is all I see, no dashes. After the initial crank it reads fine but then just goes blank!

Crlos16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Pretty common issue is the two dashes instead of depth even after showing it for a second first.
Mine does this i just haven't done anything but usually peope replace the whole thing with new.
Thanks @Speedling for that info, I would like something that would fit in the original hole where the current depht Finder is.

Crlos16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Smassey22180

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Smassey22180 when you installed this unit did it bolt right up where the existing depht Finder is? Did you use the original wire or replaced everything?
It fit perfectly in the factory gauge location. I cut off the old transducer wire at the back and used the old wire to pull the new wire all the way to the front. Removing the clean out cover helps to pull the wire and seal up the wire hole from both sides.

Foot55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It fit perfectly in the factory gauge location. I cut off the old transducer wire at the back and used the old wire to pull the new wire all the way to the front. Removing the clean out cover helps to pull the wire and seal up the wire hole from both sides.
Other than removing the clean out tray, was there anything else you had to remove or open up to pull the new cable to the dash? I have the same issue and was talking to a "boat guy" (non jet boat) yesterday who said you cannot just pull the wire through like that, as in its not a wire that bends or may be stapled down within the boat. Considering buying one of the above mentioned replacements and doing it myself.