• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Desalting/cleaning the engine (externally)

3abadi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
After years of in salt water use and an episode of water leak inside the engine compartment (fixed already), I noticed salt buildup at the bottom of the engine body. Any ideas on how to clean that out? Steam may be? I am not sure if using water is a good idea.

77D27C97-7235-42E9-8E25-A2FA1FB7CE6B.jpeg

too late now but I spray white lithium grease all over the engine when it is new that stops the corrosion.

Attachments

• white lithium.jpeg
    white lithium.jpeg
    703.6 KB · Views: 8
I spray nearly everything and the pump body "nearly means the anodes" spraying those won't let them do their job since they are supposed to corrode. Spray all the hose clamps also.

Back