• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Desperately need a Steering Cable Assembly - 2018 SX210 - HELP

Mdoiron

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boat cut loose during a freak wind storm and saw some damage. Trying to get back onto the water as soon as possible to salvage some of our short boating season. Anyone have access to a Steering Cable Assembly - Yamaha Part # F3RU14700000? Hoping to get lucky on here.

Thanks

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are some on EBay without too bad of a markup.

Partzilla shipping times are not cool.

1626117637137.png

Mdoiron

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Everywhere seems to be on backorder. Going on vacation in 2 weeks and looks like no boat unless I can find one.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thinking outside the box, if your damage is external near the gate, etc. Perhaps it can be welded or fixed as an intermim solution, as long as it is solid and safe.

Do you have a pic of the damage?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Mdoiron

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ebay is giving me a delivery date of 1st week of August. I'll need to contact the sellers and see if I can somehow speed it up.

Damage is severe and can't be repaired. I've tried everything. Found one in Clearwater FL and my step dad drove by there 2 days ago on his way here (I'm in Canada).

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
did it break the right cable at the threaded end ??

Mdoiron

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I found one and am making shipping arrangements. Thanks for all the help.

adamncincy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Mdoiron - where did you find one? I'm looking to buy 2 new ones, myself. Looks like it's about $130-150 on the low end. I can't believe they're charging this much for a cable.

The thought process that everything is more expensive for a boat is so true. If this were for a car, this would probably be $30-50.

Mdoiron

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Mdoiron - where did you find one? I'm looking to buy 2 new ones, myself. Looks like it's about $130-150 on the low end. I can't believe they're charging this much for a cable.

The thought process that everything is more expensive for a boat is so true. If this were for a car, this would probably be $30-50.
I found them from place called "Your Realm Your Parts" in Largo Florida. I paid $350. Short boating season and I've been looking at my boat in the driveway for too much of it.