• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Detailing/Paint Protection

traderfjp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I bought some carpro cquartz UK V3 and recharge tonight. It was 66.00 dollars. It looks impressive from the pics and reviews. I've used Klassee too which is a good sealant but not a ceramic coating. Time will tell. I still need something for the seats. I want to get everything ready for the season.

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I recently used griots pruducts to polish my truck using a griots d/a, it did a bang up job. I dont have a ton of experience detailing boats, can I use the same products?

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I recently used griots pruducts to polish my truck using a griots d/a, it did a bang up job. I dont have a ton of experience detailing boats, can I use the same products?
Yes - for light polishing and some medium correction. I polish/wax my boat with Griot's One Step every year to remove any superficial crud. It goes from shiny to glowing. I have not done it this year (was due in Nov.), because I applied Griot's 3 in 1 ceramic wax as a topper back in June. Forget the whole ceramic thing, this spray-on wax is extremely tenacious. We were out on Monday, and the water beading is still extreme. I will use One Step sometime this spring to make it truly glow again.

This is a photo after using Griot's One Step (medium fast arm speed on speed 5 using my Flex 3401, it took 2 hours).

Attachments

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes - for light polishing and some medium correction. I polish/wax my boat with Griot's One Step every year to remove any superficial crud. It goes from shiny to glowing. I have not done it this year (was due in Nov.), because I applied Griot's 3 in 1 ceramic wax as a topper back in June. Forget the whole ceramic thing, this spray-on wax is extremely tenacious. We were out on Monday, and the water beading is still extreme. I will use One Step sometime this spring to make it truly glow again.

This is a photo after using Griot's One Step (medium fast arm speed on speed 5 using my Flex 3401, it took 2 hours).
Awesome, i used the 3-1 spray on my truck, awesome results!