• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Did Sugar Sand supply an owners manual?

Phil Snow

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Just purchased 2004 sugar sand mirage 1800. Know nothing about it Please help a novice.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Just purchased 2004 sugar sand mirage 1800. Know nothing about it Please help a novice.
I have a 03 Mirage 240hp I bought new, the manuals it came with are just about worthless just basic boat info that applies to most every boat. The motor manual wasn't much better in fact mine was for the 175. Any questions just ask here there is a lot of jet boat knowledge on this board [also the Sugar Sand facebook group] Welcome aboard

Phil Snow

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
I have a 03 Mirage 240hp I bought new, the manuals it came with are just about worthless just basic boat info that applies to most every boat. The motor manual wasn't much better in fact mine was for the 175. Any questions just ask here there is a lot of jet boat knowledge on this board [also the Sugar Sand facebook group] Welcome aboard
Thanks for the quick reply. I’m really interested in the control panel and basic engine info.. I would be very appreciative if you have the ability to photocopy the manual. I would more than willing to sent you a money order for time, materials and the cost of shipping just so I could have a copy of my own. BTW, this is my 1st boat of any type.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Search around the SeaDoo forums for those that have the Merc SportJet as the motor service manual will apply to yours. I had our 2003 with 240hp Merc for quite a few years and learned a great deal. But the service manual is what you want.

Most boat manuals are 90% warnings of what not to do, and less of the to do stuff. A service manual for the Mercury Sportjet is where the meat is.

Which Merc did yours come with? That's a start.

Phil Snow

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Mine is a Merc 210, 2004 year model.

Phil Snow

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Thank you sir!

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
@Phil Snow If you still want the operators manual PM me a address and I can mail you a copyScan_20190611 (6).jpg

Phil Snow

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Yes, I will be glad to pay you for it!

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Be in the mail tomorrow.Only gonna cost me a couple of stamps, consider it a courtesy to a fellow Mirage owner. I bought mine new in 03 and have yet to see another on the water.

Phil Snow

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
You are a gentleman and a scholar! Thanks so much. Taking mine out for the first time tomorrow. Wish me luck 👍

Phil Snow

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Be in the mail tomorrow.Only gonna cost me a couple of stamps, consider it a courtesy to a fellow Mirage owner. I bought mine new in 03 and have yet to see another on the water.
Received today. I hope you didn’t send the original. Looks great and already helpful with info about the controls. Sending you a small token of my appreciation.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Glad it helps,guess I never really read it till I was scanning it and realized there is useful general info especially if you are new to jets. How did the maiden outing go?

Phil Snow

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Great, about 2 hours on Lake Hartwell SC, went with an experienced friend. This boat has a LOT of power.

ajaquino

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Oasis
Boat Length
Good evening,

In search for a PDF manual for Sugar Sand Oasis or Mercury Optimax SportJet 250? Any assistance would be great as my boat died today in the middle of the river. Initially engine started perfectly fine, but I realize on full throttle I was only going 10mph. Then the engine started to stutter, eventually dying and now it starts but dies right away. I'm guess it may be bad fuel thats been sitting for a year or maybe something with fuel water filter, etc. Any help would be great!

Allan