• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Difference Between Rotax 200 and 250

ScottyOK

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I've seen 44mph on a glass smooth lake with my twin 150's. Never had any regrets while pulling folks in tubes and such even with a several people in the boat. The child in me wishes I could hear a supercharger whine and 56mph!

Water4fire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Guys I am a Seadoo NUT and have been working on them for 25 years. I have owned 3 Jetboats and love them all. The Rotax 1503 is a 1.5L 215hp motor with a internal Intercooler and also comes in a 255-260 External Intercooler model with Upgraded SCer, Injecters, and ECU mapping. They are the exact same Motor. The new 1.6L ACe and 1.5 ACE are a bit different. Also horsepower ratings have been said to be 200-212 and also 240-250. The new 1.6ACe horsepower rating is pretty much on par at 295hp for the 300's I wish they would make a boat with the NEW ACE 1.6L 300 motors..... Zing.