• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Diggin ditches...

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have found that copying the County Judge (Top County Administrator) on emails with pictures and descriptions of the issue results in action from the county. It took a few years but after lots of 50+ pot holes emails followed by patches the problem area was repaved.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Well, i know that the 20' wide by 400' total is not considered mine on the survey. As it stands i have .86 acres as stated as mine but if you include the ditch i have almost exactly and acre.

I can ask county to dig. When i did that 2 years ago they kinda chuckled and said it would be a few years as they only do it when they literally ha e NOTHING else to do. I even have county ties and they basically said the same thing.
This week is filling up but hopefully i can get something done that doesn't look horrid because i still gotta love with it! I just want to get rid of the standing water in the ditch and get rid of the mosquitoes.
I have found that copying the County Judge (Top County Administrator) on emails with pictures and descriptions of the issue results in action from the county. It took a few years but after lots of 50+ pot holes emails followed by patches the problem area was repaved.
Make sure to note the health risks to your kids since it's a breeding ground AND to your wife of childbearing age (even if you don't plan on having more kids) with the standing water and scary Zika threat. ...Toss in H1N1, bird flu, hanta virus ebola....the stress of it all is making you impotent....whatever it takes.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So.... update on this since we had serious rain today. First, after i dug out some leaves in the neighbors ditch...
20170330_151315.jpg
That is the flow once rain had stopped and i unclogged his ditch. He's fairly old so no hate here for sure!
He came out to talk to me about it though. I guess the guy next to him down the line covered his driveway about 6 years ago. Except he put a 6" pipe! I guess my neighbor has called county on the guy 5 times, basically once a year, to try and get him to fix it. So basically over those years the backup of water has washed all the soil and debris into his and my ditches slowly filling them up. To my estimate this is 8-10" on my side.
Oh, it gets better!
There is an extra "sump" outlet. Except, my neighbor tells me that it's for the septic tank when it overflows. So his neighbor instead of getting it cleaned out just lets it fill and then pumps whatever into his ditch where it is covered. My neighbor has called about it several times with that too with nothing done. He is moving in spring because of the guy. That guy also is the one with kids that do burnouts down the street and knock over mailboxes etc. So, we are going to start making a case against the guy and the county slowly. Basically make records and take photos and bring it to county. Every time they don't do anything we will record it and eventually i think there will be a case against him. Problem is we would need to probably hire a lawyer or something.
In any case, still looking to replace my culvert with a larger 15" one, gravel and then landscaping stone either end.