• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

discuss the expenses of a cruiser...

That's a nice looking example you posted there @Big Shasta . That's the perfect size for a couple. I bet it moves pretty good with those twin 350's too! The twin I\o's is what bothers me on that size of boat though. It's just more maintenance then we're all used to with our jets. We'll certainly have some sort of cruiser after our kids are gone too. That will be a good while though since they're only 6 and 10 now.

So, when I am closer to retirement age, I have a crazy plan. We want a 26-28' cruiser. Basically something we can still take out of the water and bring home, so a 8'6" beam. Twin engine, and I will be converting to jet drive. Yes, that's right, convert! I would also love to find something without engines as well and do some more modern automotive stuff. Finding a boat without drives is fairly easy, and without drives and blown engines is quite cheap. This leaves me the money to do what I want with it! Ecoboost v6 with twin Berkeley drives in a 27' sport cruiser. So yeah, I want like 700 hp and twin jet drives. That too much to ask? In something like a Sea Ray Sundancer or similar, why not?

In any case, I think a cruiser is an awesome upgrade when you're done with the wakesurfing/boarding. If you're not done with sports yet though, just keep the Yamaha! I know we want to cruise the entire great lakes someday and possibly even work our way down the Mississippi to the Gulf. I can only imagine what/where you would go if you were in Florida or something similar. I really don't think that it would be fun with the kids around though. I would want this as my and momma time only.

That sounds awesome @Speedling ! I'd be all over that! A trailerable cruiser with jets, I'd buy tomorrow. Twin rooster tails doing 40+ in a 32 footer that we just slept on with A\C. That would be a blast!

............ I was considering trading in for a new 242LS. So around 65k. I intend on keeping my boat in the water next year so I'd also be buying a lift. Another 3 to 10k .............I love my Yamaha ........
Hi. Good thread here. Just wanted to say, however, in keeping things "real," that if you do buy a QUALITY VERTICAL lift (I recommend just about America's BEST lift mftr, SHOREMASTER), you'll need a 26 to 27 foot lift (what you need for a 24 ft 242) , 5000 lb (what you need for a 2015 242 LS, with a lift cover (fabric by Sumbrella), is gonna run you more in the $11 to $12K range, installed. There are CHEAPER options - And I can promise you this ......... In lifts, you get what you pay for. Nothing more, nothing less.

http://shoremaster.com/

Wishing you a great weekend ahead, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Back