• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

DIY Pipe Booster for improving wake

cjnapier

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
any news on this?
I tried the pipe hook method last year and didn’t seem to get great results but it could be I need more weight. I bought the jet wash deflector and it is a little better this year but still haven’t surfed ropeless. I think I need more weight but it’s probably going to push the boat to 8k-9k rpm

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tried the pipe hook method last year and didn’t seem to get great results but it could be I need more weight. I bought the jet wash deflector and it is a little better this year but still haven’t surfed ropeless. I think I need more weight but it’s probably going to push the boat to 8k-9k rpm
I'm around 200 lbs and need 1,600 lbs min and people. 2,000 lbs better. This is with wedge too. I think around 8-8,500 rpms is about right. 800 on swim deck surfside and 800 seat surfside. Rub rail surfside needs to be under water.