• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Do I buy Seadek Or Wait?

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've been tossing the idea around a little bit but every time I pull the trigger on something a sale comes out after. I remember jetboat pilot having 20% off last summer. Should I wait a little more to see if there are any sales or just pull the trigger on Seadek? Lol

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Me too :) I was thinking about getting it this year but am putting money into a new sound system. But if a sale/group buy comes up I might splurge. Not sure when or if that will happen. I know @JetBoatPilot just had a group by last fall.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Me too :) I was thinking about getting it this year but am putting money into a new sound system. But if a sale/group buy comes up I might splurge. Not sure when or if that will happen. I know @JetBoatPilot just had a group by last fall.
Yeah I hear ya. I'm not trying to be cheap lol I will probably just buy the Seadek but I figured I'd check first to see if anyone knew of an annual spring savings or something. Little bit off will help with all the upgrades I'm doing haha.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How long are you planning to keep your boat?

I see it like this. If I buy a vehicle or boat that I plan to keep for five years and I buy the accessories that I want at the beginning I get to use those accessories the entire time I have it. But if I wait a few years to buy the accessories then I spend more per year of usage for the accessories. On that basis I would buy the SeaDek now and get another year of usage out of it.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How long are you planning to keep your boat?

I see it like this. If I buy a vehicle or boat that I plan to keep for five years and I buy the accessories that I want at the beginning I get to use those accessories the entire time I have it. But if I wait a few years to buy the accessories then I spend more per year of usage for the accessories. On that basis I would buy the SeaDek now and get another year of usage out of it.
Makes sense, I was talking about sooner rather than later this season. I'd love to buy it now and have it the entire season then wait for a sale in a few months but maybe it is worth it to wait a few months to save some money i don't know lol

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@DJMattyT Give me a couple of days and I will post my gatorstep. More color selections than seadek...it's getting done now and will pick up the boat tomorrow or thurs morning. Gonna look amazing.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Makes sense, I was talking about sooner rather than later this season. I'd love to buy it now and have it the entire season then wait for a sale in a few months but maybe it is worth it to wait a few months to save some money i don't know lol
@JetBoatPilot's annual sale is during the winter. I doubt you will find a discount anywhere until boating season is over.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@DJMattyT Give me a couple of days and I will post my gatorstep. More color selections than seadek...it's getting done now and will pick up the boat tomorrow or thurs morning. Gonna look amazing.
Ah cool I cant wait to see it
@JetBoatPilot's annual sale is during the winter. I doubt you will find a discount anywhere until boating season is over.
Yeah that makes sense, I will probably just order it within the next week

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If I was @JetBoatPilot , I'd give @DJMattyT a discount just to use some of his bad ass photos for advertising ;)

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Best upgrade ever! Of course the fact that I waited until the group buy was key for me, basically the swim deck wound up free, and I didn't care about using the carpet for the first season.

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
we bought in the group buy last year but was too late to install. Will have the boat back in a couple weeks. Looking forward to a summer without the stinky carpet! I would say buy it. I doubt there will be another group buy until end of season!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Buy it now, install it before the season gets going. . . . . You won't be disappointed.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
And I am hoping to get it in the sea deck and Perfect Pass this coming winter if my other project is finished...

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length