• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the sale to get in on!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Do you make people take their shoes off before getting in you boat?

Do you make people take their shoes off before getting in you boat?

• Yes

Votes: 162 63.8%
  • No

Votes: 45 17.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 47 18.5%

• Total voters

KC-AR240

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I ask people they don't seem to get why and look inconvenienced.

Looking to see if I am the only one that says take you shoes off.

I am getting Seadek this year so now I am really going to want people to take them off :)

What do you do in your boat?
Just last month we had a friend join us in the afternoon. He walked across the new asphalt parking lot and stepped onto the boat and guess what was left on my floor. ...... 2 prefect shoe prints in Black Asphalt. Thankfully we got the prints out. Another thing are the little rock pebbles that are always on the bottom of shoes. They'll scratch the seats and floor . Don't think twice about asking them to remove their shoes prior.

Greg M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We just make it very very clear.... take your shoes off on the back deck. People are just not aware of how much crap is on their shoes or what it does to carpet and upholstery. Boat carpet and seats are generally very very light in color so they dont absorb heat and become 8000 degrees.

makes you wonder how dirty house carpet is, its typically muddle dark colors.

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Whenever we have people join us on the boat we go through boat rules: we start with actual legal rules like where the life jackets are and who needs to wear them, where you can or can't sit, etc., then follow up with our own rules which do include no shoes. I haven't noticed anyone having a problem with any of it, usually everyone is in a good mood and ready to have fun.

Greg M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
the only problem we have is coming in to a dock/marina they grab their shoes and start putting them on in the boat, and i play dad "get them shoes off!!" lol defeats the purpose of taking them off in the first place

IndySX190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My dad is the only one who gets a pass. He’s got funky toenails so I let him slide. Otherwise, take your damn shoes off.

IndySX190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
the only problem we have is coming in to a dock/marina they grab their shoes and start putting them on in the boat, and i play dad "get them shoes off!!" lol defeats the purpose of taking them off in the first place
i hear that. I started telling my daughter to put her friends shoes out on the dock so they have no choice but to put them on off the boat.

as captains of our vessels, we need to assign a designated shoe officer to stow the shoes and throw them on the boards when we dock.

Make boats clean again!