• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Do you make people take their shoes off before getting in you boat?

Do you make people take their shoes off before getting in you boat?

• Yes

Votes: 204 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 51 16.2%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 59 18.8%

• Total voters

Krats

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
20200719_171711.jpg

KC-AR240

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I ask people they don't seem to get why and look inconvenienced.

Looking to see if I am the only one that says take you shoes off.

I am getting Seadek this year so now I am really going to want people to take them off :)

What do you do in your boat?
Just last month we had a friend join us in the afternoon. He walked across the new asphalt parking lot and stepped onto the boat and guess what was left on my floor. ...... 2 prefect shoe prints in Black Asphalt. Thankfully we got the prints out. Another thing are the little rock pebbles that are always on the bottom of shoes. They'll scratch the seats and floor . Don't think twice about asking them to remove their shoes prior.

Greg M

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We just make it very very clear.... take your shoes off on the back deck. People are just not aware of how much crap is on their shoes or what it does to carpet and upholstery. Boat carpet and seats are generally very very light in color so they dont absorb heat and become 8000 degrees.

makes you wonder how dirty house carpet is, its typically muddle dark colors.

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Whenever we have people join us on the boat we go through boat rules: we start with actual legal rules like where the life jackets are and who needs to wear them, where you can or can't sit, etc., then follow up with our own rules which do include no shoes. I haven't noticed anyone having a problem with any of it, usually everyone is in a good mood and ready to have fun.

Greg M

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
the only problem we have is coming in to a dock/marina they grab their shoes and start putting them on in the boat, and i play dad "get them shoes off!!" lol defeats the purpose of taking them off in the first place

IndySX190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My dad is the only one who gets a pass. He’s got funky toenails so I let him slide. Otherwise, take your damn shoes off.

IndySX190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
the only problem we have is coming in to a dock/marina they grab their shoes and start putting them on in the boat, and i play dad "get them shoes off!!" lol defeats the purpose of taking them off in the first place
i hear that. I started telling my daughter to put her friends shoes out on the dock so they have no choice but to put them on off the boat.

as captains of our vessels, we need to assign a designated shoe officer to stow the shoes and throw them on the boards when we dock.

Make boats clean again!

Captain_Ron65

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I try to set the example by removing mine before getting in and usually most people follow that. I haven't had anyone object to taking off their shoes yet. If they did, I would say, my boat, my rules... there is no need for shoes on the boat.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does your carpet/Seadek not get too hot in the sun?
I live in an exceptionally hot place but if I ordered people to take their shoes off immediately I’m basically making them walk on coals until we go swimming!

boatman1975

REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
NA
When I ask people they don't seem to get why and look inconvenienced.

Looking to see if I am the only one that says take you shoes off.

I am getting Seadek this year so now I am really going to want people to take them off :)

What do you do in your boat?
Just ask politly

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Does your carpet/Seadek not get too hot in the sun?
I live in an exceptionally hot place but if I ordered people to take their shoes off immediately I’m basically making them walk on coals until we go swimming!
94f in the shade, and my marine mats (just like Seadek) are just warm to walk on in the sun, very comfortable. No shoes on our boats ever...if the guests don't like it, they can swim home. These aren't kids toys, they're $60k big boy toys.
:D

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My message to boarders...

Attachments

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have a sticker on the stern of the boat that says "Bare Feet Only!" which seems to help.

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
On our first boat we allowed shoes. 2014 212X. It was purchased used. It was our first and we quickly learned. Now on the new 2021, no shoes allowed, unless you are my grandparents.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Its a rule but there are limited exceptions. For instance, 94 yr old friend of the family, I don't have it in me to tell him to take off his socks and shoes before coming on the boat, to me at that point it is time for "people over things". People we know all just know the rule - others I usually say something like "one rule we have is no shoes on the boat, it only takes one time of someone not realizing they have gum or tar on the bottom of their shoes so we just eliminate the possibility". Never had anyone have any problems with it.