• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dock Ding

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Help. I got a dock ding yesterday evening when trying to navigate a very narrow ramp during docking. Docked on the port side and my starboard side got quite a ding. I tried to buff and wax it off using McGuires wax for quite some time without success. As you can see from the attached photo the wax made quite a pretty shine. What are my options now short of taking it to a dealer. I see a spider crack where the ding is

IMG_1857.JPG IMG_1861.JPG

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Amar down by me there are guys that specialize in gel coat and fiberglass repair v. taking to the dealer. If it were me and the spider crack is not in to the fiberglass, I would wait until the end of the season and "batch up" the other blemishes that are in store from a long and enjoyable boating season. Also bringing the boat in during high season might leave you boatless for key weekends ... might not be worthwhile to tend to this right now

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wet sand the damaged area with 1500-2000-3000 grit, then finish with a buffing compound, then wax.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You will get more in Bimini. Just consider it part of the fun and as long as the fiberglass is exposed polish her up over the winter.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
You will get more in Bimini. Just consider it part of the fun and as long as the fiberglass is exposed polish her up over the winter.
Thanks for the heads up :) Now to prepare myself psychologically for a lot of boat scars on the bimini trip. Seriously thinking of getting fatter fenders...

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Is that a chunk of gel coat knocked out?

Do a search on here for spectrum, the kit is very simple to use and a perfect color match, I just used it on my boat a couple weeks ago

Here is one thread about it.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/gel-coat-repair-with-spectrum-color-match.1641/page-2
I got the kit ( ordered it a while back when I was going through the site and saw that thread. Thought it would come in use some day, just did not expect it to come sooner :D

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
looks like you won't even need the kit. just sand and polish for hours ... lol

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Lol. My wife catches me doing that, I will be up to my neck in house chores :D She says as it is I pamper the boat more than her. I gently remind her that the boat listens and obeys to what I want (turns left or right, goes front or back when I want it and how I want it without complaints) and if she does the same I will do the pampering:p

Last edited: