• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

dock line retainer?

32Tudor

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am looking for a V Cleat that will retain the end of my dock lines when not in use. I am picturing something like a V or Clam Cleat, but it doesn't need to hold any weight. Ideally it will be a plastic cleat/retainer/keeper that sticks on with double sided tape. The purpose is to retain the loose end of the dock lines once I leave the dock. They have a tendency to fall outside the boat. I do not want to disconnect them from the boat because if I pull up at a public dock, I need them to secure the boat while I get dinner.
Maybe I am just not using the right terminology here, but I have searched for Cleats, V, Clam, Retainer, Keeper.
Something like this picture, but with more of a flat base and not made to handle much tension. Plastic is ok. White would be ideal.
Please advise.