• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Docking. Do you high and dry? Do you keep it in the water?

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Has anyone had any issues with a white chalky rub mark from boat bumpers or scuff spot? Will try to get a picture of mine but I noticed it was right in the area I have my bumper hanging.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Common problem if you raft up with other boats a lot. It's called fender rash. I buffed mine out today with a compound. The only preventative cure you can do is put cloth sleeves on the fenders

arew~SX230

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Keep ours on an indoor rack / high and dry. Only draw back is inability to flush after each use. Since the local water is barely brackish (you can't taste the salt, but I don't recommend trying) I'm not too concerned, but in straight ocean water the ability to flush after each use would be very important.

Andy

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How hard is it to get the boat on and off? We may be looking for a new marina, did yi but the EzDock? Do you rent or own your slip? May I ask where it's? Thanks!
I bought the EZ Dock from Mariners cove Marina in the Hamptopns but I boat in Smithtown

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@BigN8 Thanks I ordered some sleeves from Jamestown Distributors when I got my 2nd bilge thru hull plug. Also had my father-in-law down this weekend and he showed me a better way to tie up my boat using loop knots in the line. Will try to get some pictures this weekend it works really well having the loops in my line. Just pull into slip and put my first loop on then do the front and back.

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sunstream V lift. Best thing I bought for the boat. Thinking about moving to my own summer home not my dads any more, all I have to do is untie it, tow it to new spot, re tie it and done. I believe they went up in price since I bought mine back in 2012. I think I did very well price wise compared to drive ons.

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Dhow - Is your boat in Harrison? Looks very familiar....