• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

doing it wrong, how not to pull your boat out of the water

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Both the guys taking the hit finish their beers first ! all praise the awesomeness of the public boat launches !

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OOPS, (in best Urkel voice) "Did I do that?"

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have seen some shit on the ramps before. . . . . but luckily never that.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Wow..... no words

Why the hell did that Tahoe need a tow vehicle??

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Toolbag driver. . . . Thats the ONLY logical answer.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That there is the basis for an argument on licensing boat owners.....oh wait, isn't that what a Driver's License is for?

So now do we have to create a test for mouth breathers who don't know how to tow?

I really don't like Gubment interference in my life, but these guys make it hard to ignore - Some people should not be allowed to operate machinery. :mad:

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Usually alcohol is involved.

The only thing I could think that would have caused this is improper loading of the pontoon boat (or they have a ton of crap still in the boat aft of the rear trailer axle. They really aren't that heavy, but if it's not far enough ahead on the trailer then weight distribution on the tongue would absolutely cause problems.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That there is the basis for an argument on licensing boat owners.....oh wait, isn't that what a Driver's License is for?

So now do we have to create a test for mouth breathers who don't know how to tow?

I really don't like Gubment interference in my life, but these guys make it hard to ignore - Some people should not be allowed to operate machinery. :mad:
The best defense for stupidity is severe punishment. This way the normal law abiding citizens dont get harmed by others stupidity....

I bet the reason for the double towing trucks started with a discussion of how powerful the vehicle in front is, followed by a "Prove it...."

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Usually alcohol is involved.

The only thing I could think that would have caused this is improper loading of the pontoon boat (or they have a ton of crap still in the boat aft of the rear trailer axle. They really aren't that heavy, but if it's not far enough ahead on the trailer then weight distribution on the tongue would absolutely cause problems.
Either that or the they didnt latch the trailer tongue to the ball hitch....

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
lol, I love how active this forum is. I open this post (didn't even watch the video because I saw it on break last night) quickly type a response and 3 people beat me to the punch.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Either that or the they didnt latch the trailer tongue to the ball hitch....
Assuming the ball latch didn't pop free/break off, that's what it would seem happened. Even still, don't have to have the ball locked on to keep the trailer on your hitch if the boat is weighted properly (and there are no bumps). This is just a case of stupid people on the water making stupid choices that impact other people.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
lol, I love how active this forum is. I open this post (didn't even watch the video because I saw it on break last night) quickly type a response and 3 people beat me to the punch.
There very few other forums on the net as active as this one. . . . I would bet money on it.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
"stupid should hurt" as they say....Our Society has eliminated Darwinism....need to recoup that

Never heard the term toolbag driver......

I'm thinking the guy in his altered states of sorts never pinned the tongue, or worse, never latched it over....I thought the guys with the truck took it well....at least before reality set in.....

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There very few other forums on the net as active as this one. . . . I would bet money on it.
The Hull Truth is really active as well, but the information just isn't as relevant and there tends to be a bunch of toolbags on that forum (though they have some absolutely stand up awesome people over there as well).

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Assuming the ball latch didn't pop free/break off, that's what it would seem happened. Even still, don't have to have the ball locked on to keep the trailer on your hitch if the boat is weighted properly (and there are no bumps). This is just a case of stupid people on the water making stupid choices that impact other people.
Agreed!

I'm thinking that the truck that was hit was a the friend of the other two guys, they didnt seem to get too angry and I for one would never let someone besides use two vehicles to pull out a boat.

This is from the description of the video:

I was out on my boat and ran into these drunk dudes on the water. they almost hit me on their way into the boat ramp, so it was kinda nice to see this happen.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
"stupid should hurt" as they say....Our Society has eliminated Darwinism....need to recoup that

Never heard the term toolbag driver......

I'm thinking the guy in his altered states of sorts never pinned the tongue, or worse, never latched it over....I thought the guys with the truck took it well....at least before reality set in.....
yeah, didn't pin the tongue/ball, never latched it over, didn't connect the chains, didn't connect the breakaway (if it had one)... lots of things could have been done here to avoid this.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Agreed!

I'm thinking that the truck that was hit was a the friend of the other two guys, they didnt seem to get too angry and I for one would never let someone besides use two vehicles to pull out a boat.
Yeah, if I was on the ramp when I saw them get chained up to tow... I would have asked them (nicely) if I can retrieve and pull out before they get underway and then offered to help after.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
If I owned the pickup, I would have been wanting the video for evidence. What a circus.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Like how the guy on the boat stays nice and calm and just continues drinking his beer.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow - completely ridiculous!

I witnessed a brand new F150 almost sink about 2 weeks ago. The guy driving the truck to launch the boat thought he was in drive. Needless to say, he was still in reverse. The truck was floating and going down farther. The guy hollered for some help. I quickly realized what was going on and grabbed my tow strap. Ran down to the ramp and helped pull the floating (but sinking) truck up as much as we could. Then we got a 4x4 truck to pull it out. The water by the time we were done was up to the bottom of the windows on the truck. Once on land, the driver opened up his door and I got to see a nice waterfall!