• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dollar Shave Club

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So for a good while now I've seen DSC shared on FaceBook by a couple people, I figured it was something I'd never get into or save money with so I never looked at it.

A close friend of mine told me to check it out, I started it up and had my razors in a few days.

I have to say, I like them better than the Gillette Fusion I've been using for a long time! I got the upgraded handle and top of the line razor heads because I was used to using the fusions.
You can start or stop them at any time so there really is nothing to lose to try them out. Of course it takes a shave or two to get used to the different handle but I think they work better than any other razor I've ever used. Even my wife is using DSC now.

I'm not posting this for anyone to use my name to sign up, I'm just passing on what I think is a great deal!

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh, and the top of the line ones I get are $9 a month I think. I'm going to stop it for a month because I have more than I will use in a month right now.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've been doing it for about a year. Maybe more. I recommend moving the shipment of new blades to every 2 months. I have so many blades it's crazy. I never change them every week

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Don't forget to grab your one wipe Charlie's!

I have more razors in the drawer then I ever care to shave with. After the first two months... Every two month shipment is perfect amount.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've been doing it for about a year. Maybe more. I recommend moving the shipment of new blades to every 2 months. I have so many blades it's crazy. I never change them every week
I agree with @BigN8 !
I've only been doing this for about 6 months (all thanks to my MUCH SMARTER son !) but it sure beats Gillette pricing, and the product shows up reliably each month,
I get better shaves, and, and, and, and, and ............... LOL !@
And I thank @Wayloncle for bringing this to everyone's attention !@ Excellent thread !@
Heartily endorsed ! Mikey Lulejian - Out here on a a still VERY muggy almost 90 degree Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The key to a good shave is not the razor, it's where you shave! Get a mirror and shave while in the shower. Soap and hot water, no shave cream needed!!!

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I'm a fan of DSC. And @GiddYupJoe is right about the O ne Wipe Charlies! Get yourself some; life will never be the same. Lol

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Go even cheaper and switch to a safety razor lol... Little higher initial cost to get setup, but once you are very cheap... Just bought 100 blades for 25 bucks... Use a blade a week or so... Takes some skill and getting used to. But now I shave just as quickly as my old razor

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Go even cheaper and switch to a safety razor lol... Little higher initial cost to get setup, but once you are very cheap... Just bought 100 blades for 25 bucks... Use a blade a week or so... Takes some skill and getting used to. But now I shave just as quickly as my old razor
I like the safety razor for shaving my face, but it makes me unbelievably nervous to use it for shaving my head (that's how I wear my lack of hair). gotta have a 3 or 4 blade razor for that.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I like the safety razor for shaving my face, but it makes me unbelievably nervous to use it for shaving my head (that's how I wear my lack of hair). gotta have a 3 or 4 blade razor for that.
Check out www.headblade.com for your head. I wish my wife would let me shave my head...this is what I would use. I wonder if the dollar shave club refills would fit in it?

@Wayloncle I have an electric that needs replacing. I think I might just go back to blades. So much faster.

@BigN8 any recommendations on a good fog free shower mirror. I used to shave in the shower but I could never find a good mirror.

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Check out www.headblade.com for your head. I wish my wife would let me shave my head...this is what I would use. I wonder if the dollar shave club refills would fit in it?
I shared this site ( :winkingthumbsup" ) with many of my friends who could benefit from their products, including me. I just haven't elected to shave off what tiny little bit is left. But I need to.
Nice find, and thanks for sharing ~! Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've looked into getting a Headblade but I have a couple bumps on my head that I really have to watch for. A regular 3 or 4 blade razor seems to work the best for going over and around them.

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Wayloncle have thought about this in the past and never ordered. Well, between you and others in the thread, I am now part of the club!

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Wayloncle have thought about this in the past and never ordered. Well, between you and others in the thread, I am now part of the club!
I did the same thing, I always thought it was something like a subscription that you would have to sign up for a year or something, until I finally read about them and my buddy told me about them. There really is nothing to lose (except $6-$9) to try it out.

I like their shave butter, I got a free sample with my first blades, but it seems a little pricey to keep ordering that, and above they talked about the wipes, I'm sure they are nice but I have a two year old boy so I have wipes all over the place, I've been using baby wipes since my 8 year old was a baby!

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Their shave butter is awesome. I shave my head and their midgrade razors and shave butter are MONEY. I have it set to autoship to me ever 2 months, they last so well. Easily 2 weeks out of a razor. And the shave butter will last me a year I bet. It only takes a tiny amount.

Yeah, I get credit if you sign up using this link but I don't really care, just passing on a great product that has saved me a lot of money.

http://shaved.by/cMSrI

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm still loving mine as well!

I think I'm going to get some shave butter this next shipment, a shaving cream can lasts me a long time, I learned a long time ago that it only takes a small amount to do the job everytime I was deployed id see these guys fill their hands up with shaving cream and have it an inch thick on their face, I would just shake my head.