• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dollar Shave Club

Tollus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For those of you doing DSC, the company uses the razors manufactured by a company called Dorco. You can buy direct from Dorco and cut out the middle man.... check out their pricing, it's even better than DSC. Only difference is you have to order in bulk and store the razors at your home vs. getting them shipped to you every week. Don't know about you but I have room for a couple months' supply of razors. DSC's value prop is that they send you a one month supply vs. having to store a bunch of razors - and they're charging you 3x to get them every month.

http://www.dorcousa.com/

Team Bristow

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So a couple of years ago I read an article about razors where they said that your razor doesn't dull nearly as fast as it corrodes. They said to dry your razor and store it on it's back so that the water runs away from the sharpened edge. The article claimed that you could go a year without changing your blade if you dried it after every use. I tried this method a couple of years ago and now am easily able to go several months without changing the blade. I always shave in the shower (without a mirror) and I simply smack the razor on a towel a few times and lay it on it's back on top of the shower wall. It gets a little bad toward the end but I get a good clean shave and never cut myself.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Rana and I share a DSC subscription. She ordered two handles and four blades a month is just about perfect for us.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I enjoy the products and timeliness and low price of Dollar Shave Club.
Highly recommended. Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I shave with an Electric Razor.....in the shower!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Big Shasta I just realized I never answered your question. I have included a pic of my shave mirror. It says Toiletrees on the top. Thus thing is great. All you do is slide it out of its bracket, fill it with hot water from the shower, and slide it back in place. It even has an LED light around the border. It works like a charm.

The key to shower shaving is wait until your about to get out. Let the pores open up and the hair get softer from the water and steam. I just use soap to lather my face and shave.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
image.jpg

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I shave with an Electric Razor.....in the shower!
Did your wife suggest this? Careful, if she plugs in the charging cord while your shaving, WORRY.