• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Don't forget to take advantage of the sale on COBRA STEERING & EZ LOCKS

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The Sale ended on Dec 30 2015

Last edited:
Thank you, Jeff, I got these recently for that crazy price of yours!

These fins made a change in handling that was beyond what I anticipated.

I really only got them for my wife and friends as I've been somewhat annoyed with the spinning in circles business. What I did not think about, they can be set to stay down while on plane. THAT makes a boat feel more planted in turns. Of course you will never confuse it with the feel of your outboard, but still - it is a substantial change, and I really like it! Makes a positive difference for skiing/wakeboarding.

upload_2015-12-5_22-55-41.png

Last edited:
Thank you @swatski
We all know the jet steering issues with slow speed handling and maneuvering in tight spaces or in traffic, trying to recover from being pushed around by other boats wakes or the wind and current or all of them at once. The annoying constant back and forth motion of the steering wheel in no wake modes.
Another big issue with jet steering alone is the boats spinning out when the thrust is cut off especially in a turn or the need rapidly reduce your speed and turn at the same time to avoid a collision or other emergency situation. No thrust = no steering.
In a test of off power handling, we set the ultimate system to the same setting you show in your picture, we took a 24 foot Yamaha to top speed and cut the throttles to neutral and then we made a quick right turn, the boat responded immediately, we then made a quick left turn and the boat continued to respond immediately. " try it some time with your boat and see for yourself" The boat owner didn't believe it would make the second opposite turn and when it did his jaw dropped in amazement. Another void is the lack of feedback in the steering wheel with only a jet for steering.
The Ultimate system can provide you with steering feedback for a more confident feeling at the helm, more on the line of a conventional boat .
We also realized that everyone has a different opinion of what they want in added steering, so we made these adjustable and selectable, so the Ultimate steering not only puts you in control of the boat it puts you in control of the steering systems function and effect.
Providing you with the versatility of several different systems combined in one to allow you the ability to customize the settings and accommodate you if your preferences change you simply change the systems function or settings to better meet your needs.
This system also works on the new single engine keel setup providing more steering control by adding it to your existing single keel or just replacing the fixed keel with this spring loaded Ultimate system to provide you with steering assistance at all speeds without the concern of a fixed rudder striking the ground in shallow water or while anchored at the beach.
Similarly you can use the twin engine ultimate system on your 24 foot keel boat by simply removing the fixed keel and tie rod all together or you can add the adjustable Magnum A K system that adds extra fins and a very important extra tie rod to balance out the existing rudder system , the Magnum A K series is also included in this sale thanks to britboater. Remember if you have questions feel free to email me or pm me .

Just a heads up as of December 14th 2015, the stand alone E Z lock portion of this sale will end.
The discount on the locks will only apply with combo orders for steering and locks ordered together.

EZ lock ordered

I plan on ending this sale Dec 30 2015

Back