• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Douglas Lake Tennessee

kyle

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anybody have any opinions on it? We made reservations today for Anchor Down Resort and will take the camper and boat next summer. Hows the water clarity? We have some pretty clear water here in KY and Im hoping its the same at Douglas

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We only cross over it towing on our way to Tellico lake (where the Yamahas are made). It is little more of a large river feel than Tellico and water level seems to drop significantly at times; but you should have a blast. Let me know how you like it as we have been scouting out places to "camp" the camper where we can use the boat too. We will be trying out Nolin River Lake in KY ourselves and hope we like it.

kyle

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are staying down at the other end by the dam. It looks a little wider down there on satellite.

Pat Morgan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Anybody have any opinions on it? We made reservations today for Anchor Down Resort and will take the camper and boat next summer. Hows the water clarity? We have some pretty clear water here in KY and Im hoping its the same at Douglas
I have a house on Douglas. The water clarity is awesome after TVA has finished filling the lake and a couple of days has passed allowing the sediment to settle.

Pat Morgan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Let me know when you are here and maybe we can meet up on the lake.

kyle

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cool. We will be bringing the camper down too and staying at Anchor Down Resort. We will be there July 27th through August 3rd

Pat Morgan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
You will like Anchor Down! 1st class!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Going to revive an older thread here. Hopefully get some info.

Just booked a large cabin with private ramp and dock for a summer multi-family vacation. Going to be down there the beginning of June, and am curious to water levels, water temps, and general points of interest. We chose this lake as it's relatively close to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area, and that is a decent backup plan if we need a day or two off the water, or get rained out, etc. We chose a house on the southwest end of the lake for the same reason. Looks like we are in the "McGuire Creek" portion of the lake.

I have a house on Douglas. The water clarity is awesome after TVA has finished filling the lake and a couple of days has passed allowing the sediment to settle.
@ Pat Morgan Do you have any recommendations on good sites with maps/temps/levels? Anything we should know about the lake? Any rules/regulations we should be aware of? Have a 19ft Yamaha, and a 23ft BerkShire Tri-Toon making the trip. Two families of 4 with kids at 1.5, 8, 10, and 21 Anything neat/fun we can do on the water with them (waterfalls, bridges, etc). What about watersports? We the older kids want to learn to wakeboard, and the younger ones love to tube.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any info

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just confirmed our reservations for the middle of June. 99% certain I have the house we rented found on Google Maps.

Still having a helluva time finding any information on lake levels and water temperatures though. Not much luck on things to see/do while on the water there either. Anyone have any light they can shed?

@Pat Morgan any help?

Bedlamfirm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Following... was searching for alternatives to Norris. Like the idea of Pigeon Forge nearby as we have never been there.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Following... was searching for alternatives to Norris. Like the idea of Pigeon Forge nearby as we have never been there.
I'll be certain to report back what we find/figure out. I'm not finding much information online really.

We have a house with a private ramp rented. We'll be showing up with full tanks of fuel, and will be seaking out marina's and such in the first day.

I know we have a day at Dollywood planned. The ladies are planning a day shopping in Gatlinburg I think. Otherwise it's gonna be exploring the lake a little, and seeing what we can find. I'm sure we'll get plenty of conversation in with the locals.

Bedlamfirm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
We are looking sometime in August. Would you care sharing the rental home link out if curiosity. 2 families 2 boats. I've looked vrbo. Some nice places. Tia

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are looking sometime in August. Would you care sharing the rental home link out if curiosity. 2 families 2 boats. I've looked vrbo. Some nice places. Tia
We're the same. 2 families. 2 boats.

Us:
'17 AR190
2-adults
1-7yr old
1-1.5yrold

Them:
'17 Berkshire 24ft Tri-Toon w/175hp
2-adults
1-11yr old
1-21yr old

Driftwood Cabin rental. That seemed like a reasonable rate and had availability. We've not been there yet, but I'm like 90% certain these are the GPS coordinates: 35.936931, -83.441353

Kids get two rooms, adults get two rooms. I suspect the 7 and 11 yr old will end up on the couch most nights, and the 21yr old will end up with the 1.5yr old most nights. We'll see how it goes. They're our neighbors so we already spend a ton of time on the lake together, and a ton of time socializing around the house. This will be our first multi-family vacation that isn't directly related to us. Hopefully it's a good one!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We're just a shade over two weeks out from departure.

Still having trouble finding any good info on water temps on Douglass Lake. Anyone have somewhere I can get some info? Any first hand reports from locals?

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Water will be plenty warm this time of year. I live in Atlanta now but used to live near Douglas in Maryville and went there often. There are lots of islands you can beach at and hang out on rock cliffs to jump in from and rope swings. There is at least two petty good boat up restaurants there one of them named Cowboys if I recall correctly. Water is very clean unless the levels are in flux at the time. Have a great time!!!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Water will be plenty warm this time of year. I live in Atlanta now but used to live near Douglas in Maryville and went there often. There are lots of islands you can beach at and hang out on rock cliffs to jump in from and rope swings. There is at least two petty good boat up restaurants there one of them named Cowboys if I recall correctly. Water is very clean unless the levels are in flux at the time. Have a great time!!!
Thanks so much for the reply.

Any chance you could point me to where the rope swings and cliffs might be? I'm sure we'll track some down, but having a head start on the location would be great.

Water at our local (much smaller) lake was only low 70's this past weekend, and was pretty chilly. Whats a "warm" temp for you?

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Water temp should be in the low to mid 80’s. What’s your email or PM me it and I’ll send you some screen shots from google maps of what I remember. It’s been abt 8 years since I’ve been there.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Water temp should be in the low to mid 80’s. What’s your email or PM me it and I’ll send you some screen shots from google maps of what I remember. It’s been abt 8 years since I’ve been there.
Sweet.

I really appreciate the help.

email is 2kwik4u@gmail.com

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Just sent it to you let me know if it didn’t come through.