• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drain holes under jump seats

Jordonn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone drilled drain holes under the jump seats? Its just a pain to get a couple inches of water out of those compartments after giving the boat a good scrub.

Would love to drill some drain holes, but unsure of what is on the other side.

Attachments

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I drilled a couple holes through the sides so they drain into the engine compartment. In each compartment towards to back is a molded indentation. Thats the area that I drilled the holes. Drains Nicely and keeps the compartments nice and dry.

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I drilled a couple holes through the sides so they drain into the engine compartment.
Same here. Does the trick.
Then do what @Tailwaters did with his gutter drains around the seats on his recent thread and you should be golden. I haven't done that yet but it's definitely on the to-do list.
Also put some dry deck matting on the floor. It's a big help.