• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drain Plug LED Light, has anyone installed on Yamaha boat?

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Interesting idea for those who don’t want to drill holes in their hull. The Q is: has anyone installed this on a Yamaha 242 boat? How do you run the wire thru the drain tubing to exit out of drain inlet? And how do you route this to a dash switch without having wires inside the boat where people walk around since the wire has to exit from a drain inlet? Not described very well in their ad.

What can you comment on in terms of installation tips and performance (brightness, leaking, durability/longevity, etc.)? Thx

Following. Have been looking at these. Wonder about this with the artic keel as well.

If the 242 has a keel similar to the 210 it won’t work. The drain plug threads into the keel mounting plate, which is all 1 piece.

If the keel is similar to the 210, it won't fit. I got the measurements from Diablo and it would interfere unless they have made a shorter model. I had to drill and install my light. Love it.

Attachments

• 20190526_215137.jpg
    20190526_215137.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
I would get the light that you really want and then drill baby drill. The very first hole that is below the water line is alway the scary one. I have over 20 holes below the water line and one kid then is like 2 inches. Never had a problem with them. No leaks no nothing

Cycle Springs is putting my Transom lights on now I should see them Monday and I will post pictures

The 242X has the integrated keel and its plate. Not sure I want to drill holes in a brand new boat.

@Danielmailin, thanks for the link but the thread unfortunately does not have good description how to fish a line from drain to interior of the boat on a 242 boat but thank you for posting it.

these that might work for ya if yours has that plate #21 pictured looks like this , you can put a light or just plug hole 35.00 shipped pay pal the3andersons@windstream.net thanks

117332876_631057670873644_1137789010175344569_n.jpgCapture.JPG 117646273_3203219756434385_6576664061757918342_n.jpg

Back