• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drain Plug Options

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Looking to replace my OE plastic bilge drain plug on my Chaparral, preferably with stainless. My plastic one is getting harder to close and open regardless of what plastic intended lubricant I use. I'm seeing too many plugs that require, or appear to require a tool to operate. I turned my search to captive drain plugs, and found a neat design, it's avail with or without an alarm when the plug it out. Something I would endorse as I solo my boat all the time, there has been at least once I've jumped into the frigid lake water just before backing the boat off the trailer to screw in the drain plug I forgot to check in the prep area. Has anyone purchased this actual drain plug, and what do you have to say about it?

inteliPlug - Wake Worx

Finally chose a new drain plug, and just finished the install. I did have to enlarge the through hull hole to about 1", and drill out the stainless flange holes by a half millimeter, beyond that the holes lined up perfectly from my old plug. I use the OSI GS121 Clear Synthetic Gutter Sealant, it's stood the test of time with me on my SeaDoo.
It's a captive drain plug that can be come un-captive if needed, and tightens by hand.
I had added a stainless tether to my original one, but the plug was becoming very tight to remove.

10_02_2021 (1).JPG

10_02_2021 (2).JPG

10_02_2021 (8).JPG

10_02_2021 (3).JPG

10_02_2021 (4).JPG

10_02_2021 (5).JPG

10_02_2021 (6).JPG

10_02_2021 (7).JPG

10_02_2021 (9).JPG

Back