• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drain plug Timeout.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
(I think he forgot the bilge plug, not the pump plugs...)

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think it was the drain plug he forgot to put in. EZ locks are great, and necessary to prevent clean out plug blow out, but what would have helped for this one is my number one recommended addition... A bilge water float alarm and pump, wired to pump and working to ALERT that a high water condition is about to become a problem soon.

Doncore3000

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hopefully you will not answer as you are out running the thing like mad right now. Then: Fresh or salt water?
Salt water, worst case scenario. Fingers crossed I make it through the summer, the wife is holding the purse strings tighter by the day. If anything else goes wrong I'm gonna have to get a part-time job.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Run it hard and change the oil until it's clean. Douse the exterior with crc 656, dielectric grease on any electric plugs you can reach.

If you believe in higher power, a prayer may also help.

Run it hard more times, should be all set.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Might also want some Salt Away before you wd40 everything... Or in between wd40 applications...

Doncore3000

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
And the Saga continues... While I was diligently lubing everything I could get my hands on in the engine compartment I pulled off the grease line to the drive shaft bearing and as I was pushing grease through the line water came out. I pushed a little more and light colored grease came followed by what looked like normal grease. Is there any scenario other than bad bearing?? It happened to be on the engine that had the water in the oil also.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
And the Saga continues... While I was diligently lubing everything I could get my hands on in the engine compartment I pulled off the grease line to the drive shaft bearing and as I was pushing grease through the line water came out. I pushed a little more and light colored grease came followed by what looked like normal grease. Is there any scenario other than bad bearing?? It happened to be on the engine that had the water in the oil also.
This shouldn’t affect the bearing, those intermediate bearings are sealed bearings - the grease is only to keep the intermediate seals conditioned. Having said that, it wouldn’t be optimal to have water in there not sure what damage it could do as far as corrosion but the bearing itself shouldn’t be affected. Anyone feel free to correct me but that is how I see it.

Edit: this is assuming I’m understanding correctly and the grease water mixture is coming out of the “disconnected” grease hose. If this is all being forced out the seal then you have a whole other problem.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Replace what you can. The point of the grease is to protect against water. Use it hard, with heat most of it should boil off. Good you found it.

Doncore3000

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I put the boat in the water today and I noticed steam coming out of the pee holes, is this normal? I didn't trust it so I turned around and put it back on the trailer, but now I'm stuck on what to do next.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Were you going slow or fast? Going fast all holes should have a strong stream coming out.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe it always happened and you never noticed?

Go run it hard!

Best of luck

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
These engines will not produce pee streams at low RPM/idle, and may be exhaling some steam, steaming out of their pee holes.
The advice was to ride it harder, at high idle or #2-3 "no wake" there should be a stream coming out of pee holes, albeit may be weak and water will be hot.
Midrange they should pee like a horse (strong stream, and just warm).

I hope that clarifies it! lol

--

Doncore3000

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I took it back out and ran it harder with no problems. I had it out for about an hour before the thunderstorms rolled in but everything worked as advertised. I'm hyper aware of everything now, just watching for any signs of damage. I appreciate the advise to calm my nerves.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The more you use it hard on the few days, the more likely there will be no long term impact. It's all about evicting any left over moisture.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I took it back out and ran it harder with no problems. I had it out for about an hour before the thunderstorms rolled in but everything worked as advertised. I'm hyper aware of everything now, just watching for any signs of damage. I appreciate the advise to calm my nerves.
Awesome! Congrats!

Need "dodged a bullet!" rating!

--