• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drain plugs

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There are like 4 drain plugs in engine compartment. I unscrewed one and water came out (most forward one) then noticed that there was drain in bottom of that section as well so I drained that and it came out of plug at back of boat.

Should I keep all of those closed while in use then open at ramp once in trailer to drain.

Didn' expect to see so many drains and have water in part of it still. Maybe I could fill those to add natural ballast for surfing

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I keep all plugs out to let the water flow to the stock bilge pump (which actually sucks). The stock bilge pump - if you have the battery switches on, the connex bilge pump in auto or on and you hop on one foot, will sense the water and pump overboard. It uses a timer to come on and see if water is present. It is constantly using power to see if water is present. I am putting in a second pump that is hard wired to the battery and uses electronic sensing and does not use power unless there is water and the pump is on. I don't usually leave the boat in the water more that one night so not a big issue, but it gives me piece of mind.

Another thread on the pump.

Last edited: