• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drain plugs ?

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok I looked through the mail and it looked like it has 4 drain plugs ? I looked at boat and found 2 in engine bay and of course the plug on the transom . Am I missing any ? I came from a seadoo that only had the plug at transom ....

Also there is no battery disconnect switch ???

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The plug on the transom drains out of the bilge. The rest drain into the bilge.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe the manual says to keep the engine bay plugs in. Mine has three of them. I believe the theory is to separate compartments.

My engine bay plugs stay unplugged. If the bilge takes on so much water that the two bilge pumps can't pump it out those plugs are not going to save the boat. Having them out allows a quick exit for any water that does get into the engine compartment.

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I believe the manual says to keep the engine bay plugs in. Mine has three of them. I believe the theory is to separate compartments.

My engine bay plugs stay unplugged. If the bilge takes on so much water that the two bilge pumps can't pump it out those plugs are not going to save the boat. Having them out allows a quick exit for any water that does get into the engine compartment.
Ok , thx for clearing that up . Owners manual only explains something's so so ....

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
you should have drain plugs in each forward locker (or coolers) and three in the engine compartment, 2 closest to the door latch straight down and one in the middle section under the engines.. I leave all mine out.. I also have two bilge pumps..

The Boat you bought did not come with a factory battery cutoff switch, it is a common add-on to buy a Blue Sea Add a battery and add a second battery while adding the cutoff switch, wiring it is easy..

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I'm with you.

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
you should have drain plugs in each forward locker (or coolers) and three in the engine compartment, 2 closest to the door latch straight down and one in the middle section under the engines.. I leave all mine out.. I also have two bilge pumps..

The Boat you bought did not come with a factory battery cutoff switch, it is a common add-on to buy a Blue Sea Add a battery and add a second battery while adding the cutoff switch, wiring it is easy..
Ok , I did see the 2 forward drain plugs in the coolers and I saw the 2 in engine bay , I will have to look for the third one. In the engine pay also..... I just took my battery out and charged it and load tested it :) can't do much on this crappy day in IL

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok , I did see the 2 forward drain plugs in the coolers and I saw the 2 in engine bay , I will have to look for the third one. In the engine pay also..... I just took my battery out and charged it and load tested it :) can't do much on this crappy day in IL
When you open the engine bay door, look straight down there should be one plug that plugs down towards the bottom of the boat or Keel, and one that plugs towards the front of the boat.. kinda side by side.. then the other one plugs downwards between the engines.

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@kthrash , I found the third I was not expecting it to be a horizontal plug from the bow area ! Thanks for the help! It was closed I opened it up and water starting flowing for a good 5 min lol image.jpgimage.jpg

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup that's it.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Aaron. Looks like your boat is happy to be with a new owner that will clean it's engine bay.

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Aaron. Looks like your boat is happy to be with a new owner that will clean it's engine bay.
Lol, I agree ! I bought it from original owner he only put 51 hrs on it since new and def didn't know much about the features of boat or trailer hence I'm trying to figure all this out lol. It's all different then my old seadoo. I love the boats features so far ( over the seadoo)! Can't wait to see how it does in the water ! I came from a seadoo speedster 150 non super.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used some simple green/purple power sprayed everywhere and a pressure washer.. Looked like new..

Spray it down, let it soak and then hit it with a hose or pressure washer. Just like any engine dont hold the stream of water on electronic connections for any length of time.. just a sweeping motion is fine. I like the pressure washer cause it doesnt put as much water in a direct stream I use the Fan setting about 12" wide 12" from the tip..

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I used some simple green/purple power sprayed everywhere and a pressure washer.. Looked like new..

Spray it down, let it soak and then hit it with a hose or pressure washer. Just like any engine dont hold the stream of water on electronic connections for any length of time.. just a sweeping motion is fine. I like the pressure washer cause it doesnt put as much water in a direct stream I use the Fan setting about 12" wide 12" from the tip..
Used simple green and a scrub brush and it shined if up like a new one !!!!! Cleaned the coolers while I was at it !!! Worked great !!!