• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drilling rivets out of fiberglass

Mfpaul

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So I need to replace a bilge blower motor in. 2007 Utopia SE. It’s naturally in the engine compartment, in a not so convenient spot up high. I understand I would drill the Rivet heads off and the bracket and motor should fall free. But isn’t part of the Rivet then still embedded in the fiberglass. They don’t go thru and thru so I can’t push that part out the other side. Not sure how I get the rest out. Once/if I do, can I put a new Rivet into that same cavity/hole to remount the bracket? I am using an exact replacement blower assembly. Lastly, I have two blowers. Is the other one likely not far behind to fail?

Attachments

• 4ED27D47-45ED-4282-A447-0701E7F8F6BD.jpeg
    4ED27D47-45ED-4282-A447-0701E7F8F6BD.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 459589CD-FD10-4D27-B398-808EBCCA9E82.jpeg
    459589CD-FD10-4D27-B398-808EBCCA9E82.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • 3D2FC5AA-DE56-476B-9C70-77EDB7DEC662.jpeg
    3D2FC5AA-DE56-476B-9C70-77EDB7DEC662.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 16
Just drill the rivet head and when you replace the part then move the rivet hole a little bit away from the original one say 3/4 of an inch just in case they have some extra material there for the rivets to grab on to.

Just drill the rivet head and when you replace the part then move the rivet hole a little bit away from the original one say 3/4 of an inch just in case they have some extra material there for the rivets to grab on to.
Thanks. Make sense. Any idea how deep I need to drill the pilot hole for the new rivet?

Probably no more than the depth of the rivet.

Back