• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drive Control - Check Engine nagging problem

bonehunts

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I'm back at the lake trying to track down the issue on my 2016 242 LSE-Series. (NOTE THAT I just turned on the Parallel switch and the alarm disappeared but came back after 5 minutes...what in the world does this mean???)
Last week I had the error and turned my steering wheel hard to the right and re-started and the error went away and rode the lake the majority of the day without issue. That night, went back out to start it and the same alarm was on. I couldn't make it go away by turning the wheel right/left.

Symptoms:
  1. Throttle is non-responsive.
  2. Buckets move easily by hand in manual override from the servo.
  3. I swapped batteries with a new one to see if I had a voltage issue.
  4. I've cycled it up to 8 times.
  5. I've checked fuses
  6. Wet Sounds amp also flashes red when alarm is on
I'm officially stumped.

Last edited:
Disclaimer: I don't have an e-series...

Are the batteries the stock batteries? Do you have a multimeter to test the voltage of each?

I would also check all the electrical cables for tight fit and no corrosion.

My bet: low battery voltage, just enough to be annoying but not enough to have it not start. And probably on both batteries (but you don't notice it on the house battery), which is why the swap didn't help.

Both batteries show 13.14 and 13.21 volts.
The “swap” was me putting a new battery in place of the start battery rather than using the house battery.

How is the amp blinking? Found this on the interwebs...

1662919554361.png

Back