• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drive system upgrade?

Chris W.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
So I have a 2022 Yamaha 275SD. I read that the 2023 come with ability to do lateral parking at Docs with the new system. Anyone know if 22s are upgradable to that including boat software?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
just try this,

Brian_NY

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Yes, the 275SD does have the ability to move laterally at the docks. I spoke to several dealers recently who both stated that the rumors in the Yamaha industry is that the 2024 252SD may get the X DRIVE as well. The current DRIVE system on the 252SD is a game changer for me when docking. The anxiety of docking with DRIVE is way down.

Last edited:

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
At first I would have said yes but looking into it Yamaha in there great wisdom did not use Dometic new electric servo. Yamaha instead stuck with the overly complex hydraulic system and added a second and a ton of linkage

1687110176589.png