• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Driving with T-Top Cover and Seadeak?

Force15

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I figure these questions have been asked before but I gotta ask again especially to 2021 FSH owners. I have to drive about an hour on the interstate to launch. Dealer was adamant about seadeck and canvas for t-top. So….
(1) Seadeck snapped in or out for highway transit?
(2) T-Top canvas on or off for highway transit?

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I figure these questions have been asked before but I gotta ask again especially to 2021 FSH owners. I have to drive about an hour on the interstate to launch. Dealer was adamant about seadeck and canvas for t-top. So….
(1) Seadeck snapped in or out for highway transit?
(2) T-Top canvas on or off for highway transit?
I have towed with the mooring cover on for 3 seasons now and have never taken the T-top Canvas off. By towing w/ the mooring cover, you can keep your contents protected from blowing out or getting wet in the rain. The cover also protects your windshield in transit. I will add that I lay out tube across the bow to keep the cover from caving in/pooling and this makes a big difference in removing some of the wind stress and makes the boat more aerodynamic. Our closest lake is about an hour away as well and 90% highway miles @ 75mph.
Boat with Cover on.jpgBoat and Truck by Shop.jpg

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah I always tow with the cover on as well. I do take the T-Top canvas off though due to some perceived benefit of it lasting longer not being subjected to twice the wind speed it would on the water, and an unmeasurably tiny improvement in fuel economy... maybe? lol :)

I hate bugs being splattered all over the wind shield, so that's another + for me to towing with the mooring cover.

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah I always tow with the cover on as well. I do take the T-Top canvas off though due to some perceived benefit of it lasting longer not being subjected to twice the wind speed it would on the water, and an unmeasurably tiny improvement in fuel economy... maybe? lol :)

I hate bugs being splattered all over the wind shield, so that's another + for me to towing with the mooring cover.
+1, I do the same.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'd remove t-top canvas as well. Its a great design but poor at the same time. It acts like a big sail being it wraps around the frame. One reason why I replaced mine with a conventional cover that is laced on. As for the seadek if it's the snap in and your not driving with a cover by all means you may want to remove. I only have a helm pad it it comes un-snapped all the time. That stuff is not cheap to replace.

Attachments

SCSCOTT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
New FSH 195 Sport owner here. The T-top cover states on the warning label near the clamp to not exceed 45 when in use at least on my 2021it does. 99% of the time on water that is not an issue. I think I have hit 46-47 once so far. Towing that is another issue. I take it off every time I tow it and stow the snap in seadek in the center console storage. I also stow all the snap on cushions.

Also please note the the Yamaha Moring cover listed for 2019 & 2020 (MAR-FSH19-TT-19) does not fit my 2021 FSH 195. The T-Top uprights are different. I tried it 3 times thinking I was just putting it on wrong. I just ended up returning it to the dealer. I also emailed JetBoat Pilot and they called me and stated sometimes Yamaha switches manufactures for various part mid production. They note another model that has this issue, I do not recall which it was at the moment. Well with 2020 and early 2021 such a mess for the supply change I am not surprised. Either way I wish I had the Moring cover. Luckily I garage it when not in use and pull the windshield off when I tow it.

Hopefully a new cover will come out soon.