• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 255 FSH Owner with a Couple of ???s

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
On my IP65 chargers, only when plugged into AC.

Does the Victron BMV range run directly off the batteries?
I assume the BMV is the smart shunt? If so yes it runs off of the battery that is associated with.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
And yes, I know my boat is dirty as sin. But it's more of a "fishing boat" than a "family boat." (I have another family boat on order.)

I keep my boat on a lift above the water, so during the high-humidity summers, it takes on a "patina" of mildew, and I refuse to use soap or degreaser when I rinse the boat, because I have a ton of wildlife (my wife calls them my "pets") at my dock.
How about a solution of diluted vinegar and water? Say 4:1 water to vinegar…

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How about a solution of diluted vinegar and water? Say 4:1 water to vinegar…
That's a good idea. I bet when I'm rinsing it down, it won't significantly change the pH of the water below.

In the past five years, I've carefully re-arranged a few "artificial reefs" that I sunk under my dock to manage the water flow and provide shelter for the sea-life. I now have hundreds of Bluegill, Sunfish, and Pinfish (the water is brackish with a halocline that fluctuates throughout the day), as well as countless Speckled Trout, Red Drum, and Largemouth Bass hunting those smaller fish. Plus Turtle, Alligator, River Otter, Beaver, Raccoon, Fox, Bald Eagle, Barred Owl, Heron, Osprey that visit my dock regularly. In the late summers, I even have Manatee.

The only time I wash my boat with cleaning products is when it's on a trailer next to a wastewater sewer (vs. a stormwater sewer).

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That's a good idea. I bet when I'm rinsing it down, it won't significantly change the pH of the water below.

In the past five years, I've carefully re-arranged a few "artificial reefs" that I sunk under my dock to manage the water flow and provide shelter for the sea-life. I now have hundreds of Bluegill, Sunfish, and Pinfish (the water is brackish with a halocline that fluctuates throughout the day), as well as countless Speckled Trout, Red Drum, and Largemouth Bass hunting those smaller fish. Plus Turtle, Alligator, River Otter, Beaver, Raccoon, Fox, Bald Eagle, Barred Owl, Heron, Osprey that visit my dock regularly. In the late summers, I even have Manatee.

The only time I wash my boat with cleaning products is when it's on a trailer next to a wastewater sewer (vs. a stormwater sewer).
A true conservationist ! I think if you use vinegar in the lightest concentration that will provide some benefit, along with the rinse water there will not be a significant change to the PH. I think the fish may still notice it though. Perhaps use that light vinegar solution while still out fishing and use the fresh water rinse you have on the boat?

That’s awesome that you have produced harborage for the prey fish and others, as well, thats great that you reserve washing to where the waste water goes to a treatment plant. I have none of those at my country place, so I use my detergents etc.. in small quantities as everything goes on to the ground.

Noles187

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
@Roger Vrooman — I just noticed that you're in Navarre. If you want to see my boat and compare notes, maybe we should set aside a morning to hang out? @HangOutdoors will be in town next week too... and I know he's only 1 step away from buying his own 255 FSH. (1 step = convincing his wife.) Perhaps we could do a jetboaters meetup on Santa Rosa Sound.

There's also a 255 FSH Sport E (same year and color as mine) on a backyard lift in Lafitte Cove, a number of houses down from Peg Leg Pete's. I'm wondering if that owner is here on this forum too.

Oh wait... speaking of Peg Leg Pete's... Roger, did you and your friend pull up behind my 255 in your 242X a couple weeks ago, and we talked about how Yamaha wouldn't be delivering your 255 until next year????

I'll have mine out at crab island Sunday the 27th if anyone else wants to meet up!