• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Dropped something down gas tank

Ryan Pittman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2005 ar230...a 12" piece of clear vinyl tubing fell down my gas line at the gas cap...easiest way to get it out?...the gas line has a pretty good bend it in so I doubt it made it to the gas tank

1578343689177.png

not 100% sure but I believe your boat only has a small opening to access the fuel sender, you could probably pull the sender and fish anything out through that hole,

I would also think it probably didn't make it all the way to the tank but not sure if you could disconnect the fuel supply hose from the tank via the engine bay or you could probably disconnect it from where it enter the boat,

maybe first thing is to put a radiator hose clamp in the port side compartment if it hasn't made it that far to stop it from falling any further if you do disconnect it from the hull fitting,

Can you feel how deep it is ? Like maybe with coat hunger or something like that....
Depending how deep it is you might be able to pull it out!!!!

No experience doing anything like that just thinking out loud

@Betik made me think of my leaf blower vacuum attachment.... Maybe a shop vac hose slowly inserted?

Edit: or maybe not vacuum gas vapors into a motor with a sparky brush... Not my best idea

Last edited:
Where is Ryan located ? I have one for you. Probably 12 or 18 inches long

Wow, that did not occur to me at all!!!

Beware!

You may be able to disconnect the hose from the filler port mounted through the hull. If so you can get in the compartment that the hose runs through and bend it down to see and retrieve the piece you dropped if it didn’t fall too far down. This is based on the work I had to do to upgrade from a 2010 filler cap to a 2015(?) model (Which is hinged but is designed for smaller diameter hose). Good luck with water ever you do.

Wow, that did not occur to me at all!!!

Beware!

I know exactly what you mean. My heart skipped a bit a couple of years ago when I was siphoning fuel with a household vacuum. When it got it bathed in gasoline I realized this not a very good idea.

Just turn the boat upside down and shake it out. I'm sure that would work.

Last edited:
Get this from Home Depot, you could return it if it does not work(just saying)
shove it down and see what you have got, then get a tool from above, spring retriever and pull it out
im a plumber we pull crap out of pipes all the time.
with the gas cap closed touch the tool against the cap first so it sparks first if it is charged, don’t put your face in front of the fill hole. Wear safety glasses. don't wear a poly fleece, and don’t smoke. If you only open the gas cap to do your work it will never have enough oxygen to ignite.934DE0F3-11D4-4DE2-ABB1-5D54BE3F8550.png

Back