• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drotto Boat Latch and Release

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is a pic of the step in my boat. It tapers to about a half inch at the center of the bow.

41B93F7A-CCC6-4B68-9BE1-58626084472E.jpeg

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here is a pic of the step in my boat. It tapers to about a half inch at the center of the bow.

View attachment 151475
Here is what I have to work with. That step before the bow eye prevents the drotto from engaging. Maybe because the footprint of the drotto is quite a bit bigger......🤷‍♂️ I know the drotto does not work on my boat. I am tempted to try the RNC , but if it doesn't work, I will have two expensive paper weights. I appreciate all of your feedback @Ronnie !

Attachments

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is what I have to work with. That step before the bow eye prevents the drotto from engaging. Maybe because the footprint of the drotto is quite a bit bigger......🤷‍♂️ I know the drotto does not work on my boat. I am tempted to try the RNC , but if it doesn't work, I will have two expensive paper weights. I appreciate all of your feedback @Ronnie !
I understand what you mean about buying and being stuck with parts you can’t use.
I had two boat buddy IIs and each came with an extended bow eye, I may have bought a third as well. I just found this one and you can have it if you want it, the boat buddy, the extended bow eye or both. Just send me your mailing address via a private conversation.

If the drotto Still doesn’t work on your boat I’ll buy it from you if the price is right. I’m happy with the RNC but would enjoy the challenge of making it work on my boat, especially if the general belief is it won’t.
43532098-5F54-4560-95C4-93CC76DCF307.jpeg46D42144-6BCD-4D50-B37E-659D09BBBE6A.jpeg

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
what size paper weight do you have for the drotto? i might purchase it off you if you still have it