• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dual 2.1 amp usb and voltmeter combo (in one cigar lighter sized housing)

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Some items like these come with with small inline glass tube fuses. Do yourself a favor and toss those cheap glass fuses and holders in the trash. Use inline mini blade fuses in a waterproof holder or a fuse panel instead.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some items like these come with with small inline glass tube fuses. Do yourself a favor and toss those cheap glass fuses and holders in the trash. Use inline mini blade fuses in a waterproof holder or a fuse panel instead.
If buying a new fuse holder, sure, I like the mini blade too. But if it comes with a glass tube fuse why not use it? What's the issue?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If buying a new fuse holder, sure, I like the mini blade too. But if it comes with a glass tube fuse why not use it? What's the issue?
The issues are; corrosion for the ends of the fuses, vibration, quality of the the connection between the fuse contacts and the included wire, quality of the holder (if the tiny plastic dents break or bend it is toast). Will they work most of the time without issue? Yes. It is that most of the time that bothers me vs. something I know to be better quality for a marine application. I am a bit (ok perhaps very) OCD when it comes to wiring. Good connections = less things to have to trace down when issues pop up. Plus one less fuse type to keep on board. Don't get me wrong I do have a distribution block with the very large glass tube fuses but those are gold plated and in distribution block.

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I picked up a dual batter voltmeter with a rocker switch for battery 1/2/off...will install this weekend. Sorry for the huge picture. Amazon has for $21 with Prime. I like this because I can check each battery with a single meter and also turn off to avoid any draw. Now that I cannot plug in my batter charger between trips I need to watch my batteries more closely! I also got a dual 2.1A USB charger, plan to install that in the glovebox.

Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/BANDC-Voltmeter-Battery-Rocker-Switch/dp/B00NMLH6KQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1492178485&sr=8-2&keywords=bandc+voltmeter

Last edited:

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@eticket Could you please share the link to that! Thank you!
Added...hope it works but if not just search for BANDC voltmeter. There are a few more that look just like it.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anyone using one of these in place of the cigarette lighter socket on the helm?

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone using one of these in place of the cigarette lighter socket on the helm?
I did. Referencing the round ones with USB ports and voltage reading in the middle. Fit perfectly in both spots. (AR240)

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hope this is not too much of a thread hi-jack, but got my larger dual battery volt meter and USB charger installed. The meter is pretty big and I could not find a good spot on the helm, so I installed it on the port side under the seat, actually very close to the batteries. I have stoop over to see it, but one a trip is not a big deal. The USB charger is in the glove box. I like the location but I directly wired it to one of my batteries (with in line fuse) and it has a small LED light on it, which will always be on. The bugs me, so next weekend I think I will be putting in a terminal block downstream of my main battery switch so the charger can be switch off when the main batter switch is set in the off position. In the meantime I've taken note of my battery charge with my new meter and next weekend I will check if there is any movement in the charge after that LED has been on for a week.

IMG_3640.JPG

HybridSS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Thanks for posting. They sell various configurations. I got the one with the voltmeter, usb, power plug and then added a matching switch. I plan to shut the panel down when not in use.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally got a picture to share of how I setup my twin units on the dash. I only had the House batteries on. No cutting needed.
View media item 4627

HybridSS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Finally got around to installing the one I got from Amazon. I got this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DVTQ46A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
But I added a switch instead of the cigarette plug. The volt meter monitors the house battery. That way I can monitor the house battery when sitting and I can also see that the VSR relay closes and starts to charge when under way. The starting battery is completely isolated now and is still monitored on the OEM gauges.
The switch kills the panel and OEM power plug.

Last edited: